
Time to shop for a bathing suit.
I was thinking that I wanted to get a new bathing suit for our Disney trip. I've been working out faithfully for over a year now. In my head, I thought I'd be able to find the perfect suit in no time.I was so wrong.
(Here's how it went):
I pick out two suits. Go to the dressing room. Put on the cute pink-striped halter top. Not bad.
Slip on the short-style bottoms. Look in the mirror. Turn and pivot.
Sit down and cry.
WTF?
Where on earth did all that cellulite come from? The varicose veins? The spider veins? The saggy boobs? Holy crap.
Pull out my cell phone. Place an emergency call to the local plastic surgeon. Make an appointment for STAT lipo/laser/implants. Get dressed. Dry my tears. Drive home.
I walk in the door in a foul mood.
I am greeted by three adoring faces and one hyper puppy. They hug me, they kiss me, they tell me how much they missed me. They love me.
Despite my shortcomings, they love me.
They could care less about my saggy boobs (it's all their fault, anyway). They don't even know what a spider or varicose vein is, much less care if my legs are covered with them.
I grab these three babies of mine. I hug them. I kiss them. We play Yahtzee. We laugh and love and have a grand ole time.
I pick up the phone and cancel that appointment.
Who needs a new swimsuit anyway?

18 comments:
I am having the same dilemma getting into my bikini for my Thailand trip, but i know when i get there i will be too sloshed on cocktails to care whether my arse is fat so i'm all good!
Thanks for your comment , i will make sure i post heaps of photos so Gabe can have a virtual pat of the dog when it comes:-)
Yeah. I am so proud of you. Love who you are and every mark and wrinkle and gray hair (you may not have those yet, but you will). It's who you are. I found the best suit at JC Penney. Halter top and skirt bottom. It's the best.
aw baby - you earned those battle scars. It's God's way of separating us from those who are "less experienced".
kill me now. the thought of bathing suit season gives me nightmares.
Trying on bathings suits is a horrid experience. I end up with a swim dress. And try not to feel like a granny. But sometimes those dresses are so low cut I have to watch out when they actually get wet. I can tell you that they are not appropriate for water aerobics!
You are so wrong. Of anyone that I know YOU are the one I would never sit next to in any swimsuit! You are so fit and look great. So get one and get it now!!
Any imperfections are simply stories waiting to be told of how they got there!
All those pictures you posted?
Think "AIR BRUSHED!"
We are real women. With real cellulite. And stretch marks. And varicose veins. They are our badges of honor for having children, working hard while on our feet, or whatever.
However we may feel about 'em...God gave them all to us.
And I'm not gonna be bashing God for ANYthing He's given me!
We also are blessed enough to experience real love in our families and friends. Who love us regardless.
Cellulite and all.
P.S. I love Colbie Callait...
You worked hard for your body! Show it off and be proud!!
Stupid VS models making everyone feel bad!!! You are perfect!!
Yeah, my maternity swimsuit has done me just fine since I had my last kid 3 1/2 years ago. They're back in style now, ya know.
Amen! What do you think SHE comes home to?
Oh... this is indeed the worst part of my trip to Mexico. Bathing suits! Ugh! obviously designed by men.
amen girl... amen!!! How many people do you even KNOW that has bodies like that... seriously? Put on a tshirt & shorts - you'll get just as wet as if you'd had one of those on! & not have to worry about your boob flopping out!
Your husband and your kids won't care about any of those things. They just want you there, having a fun time. Buy one that's cute, and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. God doesn't want us to be vain anyway. You are beautiful just the way you are.
Eh...swimsuits are overrated!! Just go naked...then no one will be paying attention to the cellulite or care about saggy boobs. I've been told men don't care, they're boobs!! haha
Swimsuits are just mean!
WHATEVER.
You are smokin' hot, with nary a dimple of cellulite.
Love this post!!! Love that second bikini!
I don't even want to think about trying on a suit!
Post a Comment