Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fun for a change...

After all the Ike-induced drama these past few days, being tagged by Betty was a much-needed diversion for a fun blog post. Thanks, Betty! I included one of my favorite pictures from our Hocking Hills vacation this past July. How often do we put pics of ourselves on our blogs? About as often as I do a scrapbook page with me in it...not often. I like remembering how much fun I had with Joe and the kids on that trip.

Now, here goes the meme:

1. Where were you ten years ago?
I lived in Middletown, OH, and had just had my first baby at the age of 24. I was getting ready to start a new job in the CCU at Middletown Hospital (I've been a nurse since I was 20 years old, over 14 years ago now). Joe and I were getting ready to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.

2. What is on today's To Do list?
Sleep first (I worked night shift last night). Pick up Gabe from preschool at 3:15p. Make dinner. Take Elijah to flag football practice. Catch up on my fave blogs. Homework with the kiddos, make sure they bathe, put them to bed. Sleep again.

3. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Hmm...obviously pay off all my debt, make sure my kids were taken care of until their adulthood, makeup for all the past tithing I haven't been able to do at my church, take another cruise, then go from there.

4. Name five places you have lived:
Hartwell, OH
Harrison, OH
Fairfield, OH
Middletown, OH
Lebanon, OH
(Yes, I have always lived in Ohio. No, I really don't ever want to leave.)

5. Name three of your bad habits:
Shopping (even when I don't have the money).
Finishing my kids' sentences when they are trying to tell me a story.
Procrastinating (when it's something I don't want to do).

6. What are your favorite snacks?
Chocolate chip cookies (homemade)
"Oven popcorn" (cooked on the stove, with real butter and garlic salt...yum!)
Chips and homemade avocado-corn salsa

7. Who will you tag for this meme?
Any of my blogger friends who want to play! Tag, you're it!





9 comments:

Becky said...

I'm with you on the shopping thing! It has a way of just making you feel good though doesn't it!

Yes...Tomorrow! I am ready!

I am starting to break out really bad again with PI....trying to get a hold of my presciption before it gets out of hand again. Damn those corn stalks!!!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

That's funny! I did that tag this morning. Much Love

Jen said...

this is a fun one. I did it a few days ago. I like getting to know you better.

BBB said...

It's always fun to learn more about people - especially their pasts!!! Thanks for sharing this!

Tracy P. said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for coming to hang out with me on my SITS day at The Journey last week. It was fun to land on a "get to know you" post here. I often see you "out and about", and enjoy what you have to say.

Lula! said...

I love learning more about you! Fun...

I'll send you my answers later, promise!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

If you do run into a billion dollars, would you mind throwing in a maid to do my laundry and dishes for a year or so? I'd appreciate it tons! ;)

Oh and I have something for ya...come on over. :)

~melody~

Tracy P. said...

Yes, Lizzy has me pegged. We celebrate the wonder that is Minnesota often. I feel about MN the way that you do about OH--the problem is, my husband feels the same way about GA, so I may very well have to give him his turn one of these days. Anyway, that river valley is the connecting point between Lizzy's old stomping grounds and mine.

Heather said...

Isn't if funny how blogs put you in touch with people? We live in Middletown, over near the old hospital! I totally feel ya, I don't want to leave Ohio either, bad weather and all!