
Gabe wrapped his little arms around my legs, hugged me tight, and proclaimed, "I'm SO glad you're here, Mommy!" with such sincere joy in his sweet voice.
Man, I love this boy.
Many of you have never met Gabe, but I'm sure you feel that you know him after reading this blog. Truly, he is this darn cute every single day. Some days he exhausts me (those days are fewer since turning four). Some days he frustrates me (he will NOT leave our pets alone, even when they are clearly done playing). But every day he LOVES me. He wants a hug, a "snuggie", the reassurance that I love him and that I am, indeed, his "special" friend.
Hello, how could I not be? His zest for life is absolutely contagious!
Doing this Bible study has introduced me to some new scripture, and I found one that suits Gabe to a T:
"You shall go out in joy, and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."
Isaiah 55:12
Can't you just picture this? I surely can. God blessed us with this bundle of joy in the shape of a boy, knowing that he would be exactly what this momma needs.
God is good like that.
13 comments:
The innocent happiness of a child. If only we could harness it and experience that joy again. Having those moments with Gabe is what it's all about.
I love this verse. It is actually made into a song and has always been my favrite song to sing at church. I also sing it to Adyson when I am rocking her to sleep.
He is too cute!
I do not know Gabe but I have a Gabe mini at my house. I love that honest declaration of love that we get from our little guys. It makes being a mom so worth it. I am so glad that he made your day. Your telling of it made mine.
23 days lady, I am still so jealous but know that you so need this too!!!
Wonderful! You know I was already a fan of Gabe's, but he's definitely a keeper now.
Aww, everybody needs a pick-me-up like that when they get home from work. It would solve all the world's problems I am sure.
I so love him.
And Jesus.
And you.
Amen.
sooooo sweet
how precious...
how God can speak to us through the innocence & love of a child...
How sweet! Stopped in from SITS!
www.aduckinherpond.com
That verse and photo are just him to a T. So joyful!
My kids are truly my comic relief. They keep me laughing all day long.....granted, sometimes it's a crazed-maniacal-I'm-losing-my-mind laugh....and sometimes it's just because they can be so darn funny....love em.....
Your Gabe has the tan I've always coveted. Bless him....
he is too cute I tell ya!
I have experienced the screams of joy when arriving at the Kelsey home. Especially if he knows I might have a Hot Wheel or mac-n-cheese.
Post a Comment