Friday, February 13, 2009

Priceless

13 sheets of pink cardstock: $3.00
Valentine-y ribbon, 3 spools: $3.00
Heart shaped brads: $1.50 (on sale at Hobby Lobby :)
Heart punches: borrowed for free (thanks, Mamaw Kay!)
Suckers: $1.00
Having a daughter who loves to scrapbook almost as much as me, requesting that we make her Valentines for school instead of buying a $2.00 box of Hannah Montana ones: PRICELESS.



So, how are you getting ready for Valentine's Day?

16 comments:

Michelle said...

WTF is is that above me?

Michelle said...

God bless her little heart. She will have the best Valentines in the class! They are awesome. Tell her I want one.

My day's of Valentines are over! That makes me do the happy dance. Although maybe my life would be not so busy if that was all we had to do!

Suzann said...

Okay, now I'm angry! You have a dedicated SPACE for your craftiness? WHAT? I can't even pee by myself and you can have a craft area? Life is so unfair!!!!

Kim said...

I'm with Michelle, wtf is that Chinese crap?
Did she make those cards all by herself? Those are the cutest. I am so jealous of your crafting abilities. We are going to have to get together so you can help me. I still have my son's wedding stuff from 2 1/2 years ago.

Cammie said...

um. whoa.

anyways.....that is awesome....both your space AND that she wants to do it with you!

Unknown said...

I understood completely what tyt said. She thinks you are great and so do I. And Isabel is a wonder, she sure takes after her mom. Have a good day. Love, Mom

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Super cute! It's great that she likes to do that with you.

Rhonda said...

Darn! It didn't work! :)

Rhonda said...

Hey - I didn't know cklenk could read Chinese!! ;)

mommy4life said...

I loved helping my sweet girls make homemade valentines this year! Of course my son informed me that he wanted "manly" store-bought valentines! Ha!

ChicagoLady said...

Those valentines are so pretty! I wish I had received the artistic gene from my parents, but I think they both may have been lacking one themselves.

Not that it really matters, but I believe that's Japanese up above. Looks very similar to some of the characters I see here at work (Japanese company).

"The Queen in Residence" said...

You are so clever and what fun, girl time. We did candy in a v-day bag. I am all about easy when it comes to these things. But I am wishing I were one of I's friends, too cute.♥

HiHoOhio said...

A GIANT AWWWW

Tony C said...

Good for you. They look awesome and you have a lasting memory with your daughter.

I'm in awe of your workcenter...it's the inside living area equivalent to my garage workbench...too cool.

God bless and have a great weekend!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Ok first off I have had 2 glasses of wine and thought I did something wrong (again) when I got on this page. Then I read Michelle's comment and laughed my ass off.

How sweet is Isabel!!!!
I bet those kiddos loved those valentines!!!

Lula! said...

Michelle said, "WTF!" I love her.

We didn't make our cards, ahem, but we did sent out some custom Kelsey ones. To the grandparents, great grandmothers, Libbey's teacher...and we have one left. I refuse to part with it. 'Cause it's too beautiful.