(Thanks for the title inspiration, Suzanne!)
Joe, a VD (as in "Valentine's Day", which is today, in case you forgot) poem just for you. 'Cause I love you that much.
How do I love thee, Joe? Let me count the ways...
I love thee when you go to Vegas and buy me a dress as a souvenier, and take me out to dinner to Maggiano's when you get back home.

I love thee when you teach our baby how to perform WWF Smackdown moves in the middle of Longhorn Steakhouse, as we wait for our dinner. You always know how to keep him entertained!
I love thee when you get our shy daughter out on the dance floor and show her how to groove. I always have loved watching you dance.
I love how even though you were in the wedding, and had "attendant duties" to perform, you still took time to make sure the kids and I were doing okay. And stop for a few photos (in front of the port-a-potties) with me. I love how handsome you are.
I love thee when you coach Elijah's baseball team, and encourage him to pitch and play infield and outfield and improve his batting skills, even though it's hard to coach when you have other parents who think their way is better. I love that you were able to hold your tongue (when I know I couldn't have) when said parents had to let you know exactly how their way was superior to yours. I love that Elijah was oblivious to all of this drama because you never let it interfere with your relationship with him.

I love thee when you take Isabel out on a date to Olive Garden, and snuggle up on the couch with her afterward to watch the girlie movie of her choice. You are an awesome dad to our daughter.

I love thee when you set a good example of going to church, even teaching your men's Sunday School class, going on mission trips, helping out with miscellaneous chores around the church, and being a Christian father and husband. I love that sometimes you decide to skip church, though, and want to spend time together just as a family.

Joe, you know I don't need candy, or flowers, or even jewelry this year. Planning our family vacation to Disney truly is gift enough. I can't wait to make some great memories with our kids, and with you.
I love how even though you were in the wedding, and had "attendant duties" to perform, you still took time to make sure the kids and I were doing okay. And stop for a few photos (in front of the port-a-potties) with me. I love how handsome you are.
I love thee when you coach Elijah's baseball team, and encourage him to pitch and play infield and outfield and improve his batting skills, even though it's hard to coach when you have other parents who think their way is better. I love that you were able to hold your tongue (when I know I couldn't have) when said parents had to let you know exactly how their way was superior to yours. I love that Elijah was oblivious to all of this drama because you never let it interfere with your relationship with him.

I love thee when you take Isabel out on a date to Olive Garden, and snuggle up on the couch with her afterward to watch the girlie movie of her choice. You are an awesome dad to our daughter.

I love thee when you set a good example of going to church, even teaching your men's Sunday School class, going on mission trips, helping out with miscellaneous chores around the church, and being a Christian father and husband. I love that sometimes you decide to skip church, though, and want to spend time together just as a family.

Joe, you know I don't need candy, or flowers, or even jewelry this year. Planning our family vacation to Disney truly is gift enough. I can't wait to make some great memories with our kids, and with you.
I love you.
Happy Valentine's Day.



12 comments:
That is truly one of the best hubby tributes I've seen! Congrats Girl!!
That was the sweetest VD tribute I've seen!
What a daddy & hubby!!!
You guys have fun today.
That was so sweet. He's gotta love that post! Don't visit my blog today, though. It'll kill your romance buzz.
That was really sweet and heartfelt. Enjoy your day.
now that is a great valentines day post.
you are too good!
What a sweet tribute! Hope you've enjoyed your V-Day!
I love him, too. I do.
Beautific post, my friend.
p.s. Wooooooooooooooooo! Some KOL up in here. Yes, this sex is on fire. Indeed. (And I will lose every ounce of coolness I posess when they perform that live. I'll be so embarrassingly loud and obnoxious. Good times.)
Ahhhh, that's so cute.
In response to your comment, Emily turned 17 in December and Johnny turned 18 two days before he gave her that ring. I am hoping it's just a promise ring. I think I'll do a post about how fast my nest got empty. It will make you chain your family together in the basement.
WOW! I inspired your bloggie post title? I must rock. LOL.
Honestly though, this is a really amazing tribute to your husband. I'm blown away (and that's saying a lot)
What a man! Sweet post, Heather! (Love the portapotties!)
Post a Comment