Thanks, Betty, for reminding me that it's Blog Bible Study day today. The 15th crept up on me this month. Where on earth does the time go?
Doing my Beth Moore study has introduced me to scriptures I either have never seen, or haven't seen in a long time.
One of these verses is from Hebrews 6, verses 10 through 12:
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
My concordance explains it like this: "It's easy to get discouraged, thinking that God has forgotten us. But God is never unjust. He never forgets or overlooks our hard work for him. Presently you may not be receiving rewards and acclaim, but God knows your efforts of love and ministry. Let God's love for you and his intimate knowledge of your service for him bolster you as you face disappointment and rejection here on earth."
Basically, sometimes your life on earth may suck. Your hard work of being a mom, a wife, a nurse, a daughter may go unnoticed. You don't get a raise, an award, or even a thank you. But God sees it all, and will reward us when we finish our job here and report to Heaven for our next "career". Hang in there; it will be worth it in the end.
10 comments:
Those verses are so very encouraging!
I have heard so much about Beth Moore's Bible studies. I think I will get into one soon.
Amen Sista-Friend.
this was a nice reminder! Thank you
We need to be reminded alot. I do anyway.
I remembered all by myself today!
AMEN.
And AMEN.
We will have big crowns in heaven. And all the chocolate and chips and salsa and Krispy Kremes we can digest--with our FABULOUS bodies. I cannot wait.
That is a great verse. It's a good one to refer to when you are feeling like everyone else gets rewarded for their efforts and not you. I like Lula's comment. That is my idea of heaven, too.
Beth Moore can really slam it home, huh? I heart her. I heart you for sharing your learnings with us~your bloggy buds. You are a treasure, Heather.
What a great post! Popped in from SITS!
Oh this is one I truly need to memorize!!
Which study are you doing? I love doing her studies!!
It is very true that God is not a debtor, but in fact a faithful rewarder. Let me share with you an article by Zac Poonen, copy paste this link
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=the_final_triumph
Post a Comment