As some of you may know, I am the baby of my family. Mom was married once before, and had two girls, Michelle and Kim. Dad was married, also, and had one daughter, Rhonda. After divorcing their respective spouses, Mom and Dad met, married and had me, their only baby together.To say I was spoiled is putting it lightly. We never had much money, but I was beyond showered with love and attention from my older sisters. Michelle was nine when I was born, and I was like a living baby doll for her. She taught me to read when I was only four years old, sitting beside me on the old tweed couch reading me the same books over and over again...
Being the baby, I got lots of things my sisters didn't. New Barbies, Cabbage Patch dolls, a car when I turned sixteen (it was Mom's old '84 Chevette, but still drivable), a trip to Washington D.C. my senior year... I was the last one left at home, there was a bit more money, and frankly, Mom and Dad were too exhausted to ever say no to me.
Probably the biggest advantage I had, though, was the opportunity to get orthodontia.
Just ask Rhonda.
I only hope she can afford to get the much needed orthodontia for my nieces...
Did you think this was gonna be another one of my sappy posts?
Ha! Gotcha!
11 comments:
heheheh love it, chuckle achieved! Perfect first post to read this morning!
thats funny... great picture!!!
Oh you so got me. I was like this is so sweet and then I was a little appalled and then confused and then I giggled.
I got to the point right before the picture and I was getting nervous. I didn't think you would be mean to your sister.
Great picture!
I got down to the part about orthodontia for your nieces, and I was thinking there's be some explanation about what was wrong with your teeth, or their teeth. I was NOT expecting that picture. You really had me going, and I laughed out loud when I saw their teeth. As they say on TBS, very funny.
Ha ha you got me. I love your family picture, too. How long did it take you to come up with that post?
Oh that was sooooo good!!
Okay, that was just wrong! LOL
hahaha love the teeth!
You are a nut!
And that is why I love you.
Oh, I bust my gut laughing. I did. Pure awesomeness.
p.s. Gabe looks EXACTLY like you. Never realized that until now. And Michelle looks EXACTLY like your mother.
Post a Comment