I bought a 12x12 3-ring scrapbook, with 4 packs of refills (2 12x12, 2 with 4x6 dividers):

My intro page:
The first week. Journaling cards on the left (one for each day of the week, one for Sat/Sun), which match up with the photos on the right. You can put anything you want in there, it's your album. I included some memorabilia from my (4th) viewing of Twilight, and a movie card from a friend. Photos of this project, my calendar, packing school lunches, the cards I made for my blog give-away, and one of my new 'do comprise my first week. Becky Higgins has some great ideas on her personal blog, as well.

An important thing for me is that my album flows from one week to the next. Although the pictures will be very different, the paper and accents will coordinate. I loved this pack of buttons I found that match my K&Co Wild Saffron paper.

After some experimenting, I have found a method that works for me. I journal everyday in my little book. Nothing too detailed (usually), just a summary of each part of my day. I take a photo everyday, and write in my journal what photo I took for that day. One or two evenings a week, I print out the photos and put them in the dividers, then write my journal cards for those days.

An important thing for me is that my album flows from one week to the next. Although the pictures will be very different, the paper and accents will coordinate. I loved this pack of buttons I found that match my K&Co Wild Saffron paper.

After some experimenting, I have found a method that works for me. I journal everyday in my little book. Nothing too detailed (usually), just a summary of each part of my day. I take a photo everyday, and write in my journal what photo I took for that day. One or two evenings a week, I print out the photos and put them in the dividers, then write my journal cards for those days.
A peek into my everyday life. A little boring at times, for the most part, but I think it will be really neat to see years from now. For me, my kids, and hopefully someday my grandkids. I would love to see something like this written from my grandmother's point of view...

16 comments:
What a great idea, i love the colours you have used.. such a talented lady!! I forgot to say thankyou for my beautiful Christmas card too, it was so sweet! I love your handmade cards...
I am going to ave another crack as posting my tube for you this week...! Fingers crossed..
It's looking great!
Such a treasure you are creating. You make me want to break out my scrapbooking stuff. But, then I get stressed out. Maybe I'll have to bring it all to you and play for a weekend. : )
Really cool. I can't wait to see it.
I am so not as organized as you to be able to do this.
Looks good so far.
You know I did something like this back in 04'. My dad was in the hospital....I forgot about it until I saw your scrapbook. I'll have to pull that out.
This makes me want to start one....is it to late even thought it's the 21st?
Love the buttons!!
Im starting to wish I would have done this. So far it looks awesome!!
Thanks for reminding me how completely far behind I am on my scrapbooking. Ugh...now I feel sick. But hey--yours is FANTASTIC!
You are so good...that is going to be an awesome thing to show your grandkids. They will love it.
I am in love with this idea! I must have missed the beginning of the project while I was in Colombia. It makes me sad. But this would be a great idea to do with children one day. Cover the first year of their life and how fast they grow! I'm really gonna lock this in the idea volt and pull it out sometime. Way to go!
I am so proud of you for keeping up on it!
Great job!
that is going to be a real treasure some day.
I think this is a fantasic idea! It's going to be so cool looking back on things in 20 years.
I absolutely love it!!!! So how do you do it - do you have a printer to print out each picture? What a cool thing to do & look back on!
I think that is such a neat idea! I can't wait to see what you have done.
I will really be something you cherish years from now...
I am jealous of your pretty handwriting.
Seriously.
That's so cool! I so wish I had the time to do this!
I also think it would be cool to have something like that from my grandparents. Especially since I never got to meet my grandmother on my mom's side or my grandfather on my dad's side.
Did you recoup from your double the other night?
What a cool idea! I wish I would so something like that, but I would just think about doing it! lol
Post a Comment