You have no idea what those letters on the title stand for?
Any guesses?
Okay, I'll just tell you.
After a (rough) day of running on my hamster wheel that never stops (you know the one, right? the one where you make breakfast, pack lunches, do the dishes, clean up the house, workout, make lunch, take kids to preschool, go to the grocery, unpack said groceries, cook dinner, help with homework, enforce bathtime and bedtimes, go to bed, sometimes go to work in the middle of all that, then wake up the next day and do it again...that wheel).
Well, after one of those days, just as I was ready to sit down and read a magazine or blog or something non-kid related, Isabel says to me: "Hey, Mom. Wanna do each other's hair and makeup? We haven't done that in a really long time...".
You know I didn't really want to do hair and makeup. But I hid my reaction well, put a smile on my face and said "sure".
I am so glad I did.
I forgot how much fun it is to just spend girl time with Isabel. She is such a girly-girl; she has a great sense of style (better than mine sometimes, I swear); she always makes her hair look just right; and she can apply makeup like a pro.
We cranked up the party tunes on the cable music station. She did my hair, then I did hers. She did my makeup, then after I did hers, we did a little photo shoot. I took the pictures, she posed. What a beauty (although Joe was opposed to the lipstick color and Elijah thought the braids looked 'dorky'; what do boys know about this stuff, anyway?). She ended up liking her hair so much, I have fixed it this way every day since then.
(Pippy, anyone?)

And that is why I Thank God For Daughters. Especially this one. She is truly heaven-sent.
17 comments:
Those times are so fun.
Isabel is so beautiful. I like the braids! Boys don't know anything!!! :) That lipstick is really her color. What color is that anyway?
Sounds like you had a lot of fun.
TGFD indeed!!!!
This was a sweet post, Heather.
I remember when my girls use to ask me to do something during my TV show...I would feel frustrated inside but get up anyway. I always felt guilty afterward because I was trying to put a show before them. Now, if I had little ones I could just pause the TV...why couldn't that have been invented back then?
Beautiful photo of Isabel!!
Joe is going to need a shotgun when she hits about 12 or 13 to keep the boys away!!!
What lovely memories :)
She really is gorgeous.
Sounds like you both had a fun time. I like the lipstick color.
how fun! the lipstick color is actually perfect on her. I'm not a good girl mom (I'm embarrassed to admit that) I'm much better at having a light saber battle. Although I was quite the diva in my day.
Aww, she looks precious.
Those are the Eureka moments. The ones you drag your feet going to, but once your there and you realize how fun, how important, and how cool this little offspring of yours is.
So glad you didn't miss it. So happy she loves being with you so much! You are so blessed!
That picture is awesome! She is such a beautiful girl.
It puts things in perspective when our kids do that. It reminds me that I won't always be the first person they want to spend time with. I need to treasure those times.
Oh I loved this. I can't wait until Claire is old enough to play like this. I just hope that she will want to and not be a total tom-boy. But I feel that the odds are kinda against me on this one.
She is so pretty. Glad you two had fun. I felt the same way yesterday about sleding with Morgan.
Hmm... I'll do this with Gert tonight and you can see how I turn out... oh yeah.
Beautiful!
Enjoy these moments while they last.
You are blessed.
A little lipstick is fun every once in a while!! Do we get to see your makeover?? :)
Amen.
I have been on the verge of a really good cry for the past few days... but I think this post just sent me over the edge...
There is something about a daughter to make you feel giddy and young again and what better then bonding time. I love the braids she looks so precious with them. When you said that at first I was waiting to see you in pigtail braids. Maybe next time.....
What a great moment. I'm sure she'll treasure it for years to come!
Post a Comment