Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow day, a makeover and answers to prayer

First off, a big thank you to everyone praying on Kat's behalf. Michael is still in the hospital but improving; Lizzy has been updating Kat's blog...go leave her some comment love and let her know you're thinking of her. She appreciates every single prayer and comment you've sent her way.

Second, please say a prayer for me and/or my children that we survive these next two or three snow days together. Oh, yeah, and Joe, too. Who remains in bed. Who I'm sure will be playing on his computer the rest of the day, while I do laundry, cook, clean, and care for our kiddos. Sorry, sound bitter? Maybe 'cause I'm tired. And I need a break. And I want some uninterrupted computer time like other people get.

Wow, I feel better now.

On to more pleasant things...

Nothing makes a kid happier than a few inches of snow, no school and a sledride with friends.



Oh, except for an extreme room makeover for your birthday, huh, Isabel?


I love Basic Grey scrapbook paper; I covered these wooden letters with some "LilyKate" paper, ribbons, and charms and hung them on her wall with sticky foam. Easy peasy, and all for under $10. Gotta love that!


Joe did the painting, the chair-rail, and the bookshelves. He is a handyman, for sure.


That pile in the corner is awaiting placement on shelves from Ikea and a new drawing desk. Have I mentioned what a budding artist Isabel is?


While we're blogging, would you also lift Lula up today? She is suffering from the mother of all migraines, and could use some prayers. Thanks.

15 comments:

Kim said...

The room is adorable. You are so talented.

Becky said...

Those letters on Isabel's wall are my absolute favorite! I LOVE them! They turned out so stinkin cute.

I bet the kids ar so excited to finally have all this snow. With all the gear they got for Christmas, I'm sure they are begging to get it all out and go sledding. Too bad, you do have all that cooking/cleaning/laundry to do because I feel with Joe's day off he is going to have to Man up and take to kiddos sledding! Don't you think???

I am snow bound. My car has the 4 wheel drive, so Mike had to take it to work. Good thing I made a big pot of Chicken and noodles yesterday, and I have plenty to keep me busy (laundry!)

Let's get that movie you talked about on the calendar so we have something to look forward too...huh?

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

The room looks fabulous!! I love the letters. I love how girly the room is! The bedding is beautiful. Great colors!!

I saw where you guys were being hit with a snow storm. John said the roads weren't that bad at all here. But, they are supposed to get worse this afternoon.

I broke my G crochet needle this morning so we are going to town so I can buy another, hit the gym & rent a movie. I made sauce for Ziti so we will have a good date night IN tonight!
Be safe!
I hope Joe helps out....real men do laundry!!! haha

Jen said...

Love the room and love the power of prayer!

Jen said...

Oh and I am so with you on the uninterrupted computer time or just some uninterrupted time in general. It is totally not fair.

Cammie said...

love the letters. that is such a great idea....did you just cut around them or trace them out first?

Melissa said...

I love the brown and blue together! That looks incredible. You and your hubby did good!

Heather said...

Love the color of her room! I'm sure Isabel is one very happy girl.

ChicagoLady said...

Very nice job on Isabel's room! Definitely more appropriate for the young lady she is.

Two or three snow days? How much snow did you get? Three feet?

HiHoOhio said...

room looks darling! Artist, yes!
Photos on my blog now...my friend!!!
lots of laundry doing here!!

Ashley said...

I bet she is thrilled. Her room is gorgeous! Great job!

MarciaBrady said...

Isabel's room looks GREAT! Is that chocolate and mint/blue? You did a wonderful job on the letters!

Yah, I'm staying home tonight. I was supposed to work, but we got six in. of snow, we're on level 2 snow emerg., and it's freezing rain right now! Plus, we're supposed to get more this afternoon and tonight...no way I'm driving in that!

I hope you get some uninterrupted time. Lock yourself in a room! haha

The Wife O Riley said...

That is a gorgeous room!!

I have an award for you!

Michelle said...

Oh no. Another day off tomorrow. I am praying the power doesn't go out. That would be bad. Praying for Kat and Lula too.

Suzann said...

My daughter would LOVE that room. Those are her favorite colors. I'm going to show her this post when she gets home from school. It's Barbie dress up day for her and she was in such a poopie mood because her $200 hair straightener broke and Barbie MUST have straight hair. It's going to be a BAD day for my little cheerleader. UGH.