E.T. has been in my life since I was nine years old. One of my favorite gifts at my tenth birthday was my E.T. shirt with purple sleeves. My dad gave me this lifesize E.T. before he died, and a little one, too.
Elijah and Isabel have always been a bit afraid of him; Gabe, clearly not. This past Sunday, we had to take mini-E.T. to church with us. Who knew how well he could belt out "Amazing Grace"?
Not really. But I'm sure he would if he could.
While mini-E.T. got to take a road trip to the Methodist Church with the whole fam-damily, big E.T. was left to his own devices back at home.
Rock Band, anyone?

I'm pretty sure I heard the last refrain of Neil Diamond's "Turn on your Heartlight" playing as we walked in the door...
14 comments:
That was cute!!!
Seriously, who was playing with ET, you or Gabe.
Better be careful, he might scare the pee out of you if you forget where you put him.
Cute! I cant get my kid to watch ET darnit
Ok, now that is funny! So no more PHONE HOME, it is now ET-ROCK ON
Best post ever. Oh my head, you are CRACKING me up.
I will now be singing for the rest of the day...
"let it make a happy glow for all the world to see..."
I love me some Neil.
I love ET! It was the first movie I went to see after my son was born (without him) and I cried my eyes out. I have forced my kids to watch ET and Poltergeist with me. I am so abusive.
Okay...you are starting to freak me out with these E.T. posts. I am not gonna like if I come over and see him sitting at the dinner table ready to join us, or lounging in his birthday suit on the couch watching football with Joe.
Can we put him up for awhile...please??
Who knew E.T. was so talented? It is a little creepy that E.T. seems to be watching you wherever you are. See... right there.... he's playing drums but he is still looking at you out of the corner of his eyes. A little scary! Haha!
I hope this doesn't break us up but I just don't like ET. I think it was the whole scientists part of the movie - it was just to sad for young me...
That's hysterical! Who taught ET to play those drums anyway?
My cousin loves ET (he's now almost 26), when he was younger and got a stuffed ET his dog tried to take it as a toy, and boy did he get mad. ET was off limits to everyone!
I remember seeing E.T. in the theaters! Was Henry Thomas not just the cutest?!!?!?!
My kids just started watching E.T., we now have a surplus of Reese's Pieces.
You have an award over at my blog!
My 4 year old would love that. She just saw ET a few months ago and loved it.
Post a Comment