Vacation: A period of time devoted to pleasure, rest, or relaxation.
One of my favorite things to do in January is plan our vacation for that year.
This year we are planning a couple of small trips, rather than one big one.
We are doing a friends-and-family getaway to Tennessee over spring break.
And the kids and I were invited to go to Michigan with a girlfriend and her kids. I have never been to Michigan, and haven't done a girls/kids trip since I was the designated vacation babysitter in my teens.
I cannot wait!
Planning vacations just makes me happy. And makes the pain of surviving January much more tolerable.
Are you taking any trips this year? Do you love to plan ahead? Have you ever been to Michigan?

9 comments:
We're hoping to get away somewhere this year. But, I still cannot determine if that is possible yet.
I have been to Michigan - twice. Can't tell ya anything about it though. : ) 'nuf said? LOL My bestest is from Michigan, so if there's something you want to know - I could ask her.
Are you going to make it to Legoland???
We will be changing scenery with our kids a couple times this year -- visiting my in laws in Florida for a week at the end of February and meeting my parents, siblings/spouses, and nieces/nephews in Hilton Head in August. We're going to try a one-nighter at one of those indoor water parks sometime in the next few months as well.
I have been to Michigan! I think you'll love it! Where is your friend's place?
I haven't been to Tennessee in years, but I'll get back there one of these days, I hope.
I'm still trying to get back to Disney!!! :)
wait, i think your post is missing a paragraph... the one about visiting arizona??? or southern california??? :)
We will probably take a couple of weekend camping trips in the spring or early summer. For sure one nice week camping trip during summer and before school starts back. As for our spring break, we won't be going anywhere this year, my oldest has to have all four wisdom teeth out at the same time. I have never been to Michigan, but I plan to get there one day. Enjoy!
We've actually got a full year of vacations. Feb-Skiing in Western MD, May-Camping in Virginia, June-Myrtle Beach, July-Bahamas Cruise. And there will probably be a Kansas trip in there somewhere. Our little is going to be quite the experienced traveler.
Have I ever been to MI? Um, yeah... I used to live there! Where are you going?
AND WHERE IN TN ARE YOU GOING???
I have no idea if or where we will go anywhere this year. I do have a cousin who's getting married this spring, and the wedding is in Philadelphia. I've never been there, and neither has Shane... so we're thinking about making the trip into a mini-vacation. Other than that...
I don't know anything about Michigan, but I have three words of advice on Tennessee: See Rock City! =>
VACATION....YAY!!!!
We are going to SPAIN in 2 months!!! I can't wait to hug my Meg's neck!! I have missed her so so so much!! I will be turning 40 over there. Who knew i'd be so excited to turn 40?!! But heck- I'll be spending my birthday in SPAIN!!! woo hoo!!! Ok...I go a little excited there...:)
I have not been to Michigan.
Post a Comment