Every winter, this hawk (or one of his relatives, perhaps) returns to our neighborhood, soaring above the houses and yards, coming to perch in our trees or on our rooftop.
He is beautiful. He is magnificent. He is clearly not taking advantage of his abilities.
Me? If I could fly anywhere in the land, it would NOT be to Ohio in the winter. I'd be in Texas, or Arizona, or California. Somewhere warm. Somewhere without snow and ice.
Just sayin'.
Where would you fly? Or do you like winter in your neck of the woods? What do you do to survive a season that you can't stand?

9 comments:
Hey Heather,
Just reading over your last few posts. Looks like a great New Year's party.
I'm not sure that I could fly anywhere. I did travel to Vermont over the Christmas holiday and absolutely fell in love with the landscape after a snow. Then, when the time was up, this old gal was glad to get back to the temperate climate of Florida.
When something is going on that I really don't like, I pray a lot and read a lot.
I actually like Winter in my neck of the woods! Especially this year so far. Snow on Christmas was more than I could have ever hoped for! I'm not a warm weather kind of gal. If we were ever to win the lottery, I would buy a vacation home in Maine, so we could enjoy mild summers and great skiing!
He has a down bodysuit, he doesn't need to fly anywhere warm. ;)
I'd fly to Ohio to hang out with you!!!
I enjoy cooler temps. Those hot and humid days make me crazy!!
I don't love winter, but I don't hate it either. I like surviving the winter in order to "earn" my spring (twisted thinking, I know). As a lifelong Midwesterner, I have this idea that to move somewhere warm is "cheating." To fly away somewhere for a few days or weeks? That sounds pretty good. We usually visit my in-laws in Florida for a week. Not exactly relaxing with the kids in tow, but nice to see the sun and feel warmish breezes.
Stay warm!
I don't LIKE winter in my neck of the woods, but unfortunately, that's where I have to survive it. If I could choose, though, well, I'd probably go to my home-away-from-home - Disneyworld. Why not?
My ex-boss lives in Historic Franklin, Tennessee in an old pre-Civil War era house which they renovated to perfection. They live there from spring through fall, then spent winters ON THEIR YACHT. CRUISING THE CARRIBBEAN.
Doesn't that just make you wanta throw up?
It's summer for me. Hot, humid, sticky, miserable. And it lasts at least five months. But our cool, rainy winters are my favorite!
I'm with you! Winter is for the birds.
We're supposed to get 3 to 6 inches of snow Sunday night.
Hold me.
Post a Comment