Put away your laundry.
Do your homework.
Be nice to your sister.
Don't wrestle your brother.
Do NOT talk to me in that tone of voice!
Brush your teeth.
Wash your hands.
(Repeat on endless loop.)
Some days, it seems that the Mean Mom role is all I play.
So when the kids brought home straight A's on their report cards, I decided to let Fun Mom come out to play. When I found a great deal for day passes to Coco Key's Indoor Waterpark, the idea was born.
I called the kids off sick, packed our bags, and surprised them with our tickets to a day of Fun.
Gabe is currently on the couch, "vibrating" with excitement in anticipation of our adventure. Despite the snow, we are getting on our bathing suits and heading out in an hour or so.
Sometimes I like being Fun Mom. It's, well, fun!

7 comments:
FUN! There are just days when you NEED to be fun Mom. Mean mom sucks most of the time.
Have a grand time!
Yeah for you!!! I was thinking about doing something like that soon.. though we have a lack of indoor waterparks around here.
Awesome!!! Its going to be a fun time!!! Big kudos to the kids for straight A's!! You have some awesome kiddos!!!
Gosh, you hit the nail on the head with this post. Sometimes Mean Mom is all you can do, so you HAVE to balance it with Fun Mom. (I even think it's great that you called in sick for the kids! Now THAT'S fun!)
I JUST said to Thomas yesterday that I'm sorry that I always seem to be hounding him. I swear that every time I open my mouth it's to bark at him. Did you...? You still have to... and so on.
Have FUN! We get to have another fun-filled cheerleading weekend. Poor Thomas - he is forever cheering on a cheerleader.
Tell Gabe to "Hang Ten" LOL
Woo hoo for FUN MOM! I feel like my husband gets all kinds of opportunities to be FUN DAD where I end up being beaten down, drudge work mom. Thanks for the reminder to find my inner FUN MOM and let her out to play!
I want to be fun mom. Actually, I just want to go to the indoor water park! Hope you guys had a great time!!
Post a Comment