Elijah asked.
We pondered.
We investigated and inquired, hemmed and hawed, but we finally came up with an answer.
Yes, son, you can go to Washington, D.C. in the fall.
(But no, I cannot chaperone...only teachers can go. I know he'll have a great time, just like I did when I went with my class back in 1992, just after they had invented the wheel :)

8 comments:
So now the key is not to worry! :) He'll be just fine & it's going to be a great experience for him!!!!
What good parents you are!!!
Good for you!!!
How exciting for him!!!
Scary, big parenting steps! But it's the right one for you guys, it sounds like. Hope he has a great time!
He is going to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
That was so exciting, back in '92, when they came out with the wheel!
You want to hear something crazy? The girl next door went to D.C. with her eighth grade class last year. It was a day trip. They flew there in the morning, toured all day, and then toured home. I was like, "What? Um, okay."
Fabulous! He will have a great time and just think of the scrapbook that you can help him put together when he returns. :-)
That first "Yes" is so nerve wracking isn't it? He will have a great time. I'm so excited for him. I loved visiting our nation's capital.
YAY! He'll have a ball - I didn't go on my class trip but I remember when it occurred and I feel like it was LONG ago - definitely right after the wheel, sister. I'm totally with you...
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
1992? ACK! I graduated from college that year. Just damn. :)
So glad he's going. DC is my favorite city.
Post a Comment