Sleep in.
If the kids' internal alarm clocks won't let you hit snooze, go ahead and fix breakfast and get some coffee in your veins...it'll help.
When you're tired of watching the oldest kid play hours worth of video games, kick him outside and watch him shovel the driveway from inside your cozy kitchen. Smile and be glad you're not twelve years old.
Send at least one kid up to Mamaw's house, to lessen the number of quarreling siblings in your own house.
Make peace with the decision that NOTHING is going to get done today. Go ahead and have "art class" with your youngest kid at the kitchen table, complete with that chipboard that you still haven't used and LOTS of glitter glue. Get crazy! Admire your creations, and acknowledge that your kid may indeed have more talent than you...
Decide to go ahead and organize the five thousand Legos in your son's room, only to have him bail after ten minutes to go sledding in the snow with the neighbors.
Approximately 6.2 minutes after spending double that time bundling him up, help said son shed his snowy clothes and get warm. (Baby, it really is cold out there!).
Spend the rest of the evening at your in-laws' house, eating a turkey dinner, visiting, and kicking some husband bootay at euchre; say a prayer of thanks for the blessings of family, food and fun.
Tuck the kids in, drink a glass of wine and snuggle up with your husband. Don't forget to say one more prayer before nodding off:
Please, God, let there be school tomorrow!
9 comments:
Oh, you had a long day too! For some reason, mine didn't feel nearly so cozy. We did play whole games of Left Right Center and Rainforest Memory with no one getting distracted, and the baby took a couple of naps in my arms. Can't wait until I can kick them out into the snow and watch with my coffee from the window!
Snow here, but not the kind that warrants a snow day, which is a-ok with me! We've had some cozy (and long) days here lately though. The boys have been playing knights, magna tiles, and "light-savers." We've been reading lots and lots of Little Critter books. Little Sister is playing lots of "I don't need to nap all afternoon." That's a fun game!
Daddy's out of town and Mama doesn't play in the snow so the only ins and outs have been for the school run.
Your day sounds lovely, especially the dinner at the end.
We're on Snow Day #4. They've gone ahead and canceled school tomorrow, too. Kids are out Monday for MLK.
I have not been out of this house since last Saturday. And it will probably be Saturday or Sunday before I have a chance to venture out.
as;lfsf gasnm,d
(that was my head hitting the keyboard)
I understand that it might be dangerous to drive on the road and that is why they cancel school but come, on snow days suck.
Maybe we need different transportation to school like hover crafts.
I don't mind snow days, but I don't have small ones underfoot all day AND I have an arrangement to work from home. Now if I could just figure out how to get Stevie to stay with me, I could really enjoy them! ;)
awwwwwww.
I would welcome a snowday. I'm hoping for an insane storm to come and dump a couple of feet on us. Won't happen, but a girl can dream. LOL
I have to send you a photograph of the insanely amazing thing we got for Thomas' Legos!!!
Just plain funny - I love it!
Snow days are SO very different when you are a mama - I used to pray, pray, pray for them when I was a student and then again as a teacher but now as a mom? Though admittedly I enjoy it for about a day, I'm DEFINITELY ready to get back into the groove the next day!
I've missed you, friend! Sorry I've been away for so long!
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
Or do what Katie and I did for 5 days - play Harry Potter Lego on the Wii all day every day and almost beat the whole thing.
We had a snow day today. Although really it was an ice day because there was a lot more of that than snow. Either way, it kept us indoors. Which meant going deep into my bag of tricks for activities because my girl has the attention span of a goldfish. We survived. Lets just pray we can get out tomorrow. :)
Post a Comment