I love hosting New Year's Eve.
This year there was plenty of yummy appetizers (thanks for the recipes, Julia!),
plenty of new cocktails to try...(Rock Lobster and Royal Flush were the favorites),
plenty of grown-up friends for us,
and younger friends for these guys,
old friends and new,
lots of noise while watching the ball drop (look at Gabe in the center...cracking me up!)
a new drink every hour had us feeling good and tipsy,
and lots of sugar had these guys wild and crazy!
All in all, a great way to end one year and start off another.
Any New Year traditions you have to share? Did you make it til midnight? Can you believe Dick Clark is still alive?!









6 comments:
HAHA - your last sentence made me bust out laughing... It makes me sad to see Dick Clark now... I just wanna say "Dont talk - its OK"... poor guy!
We went to a party but Ricky wanted to go home before midnight - he got up at 4 am that day! (DORK) - so we got home at 11:30 - & at 12:01 - he was asleep! we're BIG party-ers.. haha!!!
Love it!!!
Was there a dress code to your party, because you all look very similarly attired...
No drinking here.
No partying here.
No traditions here.
Sad. Isn't it.?
You look like you had fun though!!
I would love to host a NYE party here sometime! My name is so well suited for an invitation. LOL!
No traditions here, but we were surprisingly awake for the first midnight in a while. And abruptly notified of the hour when our neighbor decided to fire his large handgun 3 times, which scared the @%*!% out of us.
Looks like you guys had a great time!
We rang in the new year from home, as we have the past few years. I love the idea of a combined child/adult party, but until we have a bigger house and slightly older kids, we can't make that work. I will dream of ringing in 2012 in a new place!
Love all the pictures -- looks like a great evening!
Have I told you that Dick Clark kissed me on the cheek in 1996 at the Kenwood location of American Bandstand restaurant? True story, NTB.
Your party looks like so much fun! I'm with MEP, I can't wait until we can have family parties, but for now it's just not feasible. Soon, though.
No traditions here. I've been thinking I want to start one though. A friend of mine makes homemade pretzels every new year's day. Doesn't that sound like fun? I need to find something like that.
Dick Clark. Sigh. He makes me so sad. Why doesn't he just hang it up?
Post a Comment