January: the month where we evaluate where we are, and where we want to be.
The planning of vacations. The losing of weight. The earning of money. The bettering of our bodies.
I have planned our vacations.
I have thought about losing weight.
I checked a few books out from the library about both. Books about Tennessee and Michigan. A book about becoming a "Skinny Bitch", losing weight and eating healthier.
I didn't make it past the first chapter of that one. When they talked about giving up caffeine and only drinking water, they lost me.
I'm a night shift girl. Caffeine is seriously my savior, at the beginning of my 12-hour night shift, in the middle, and most definitely at the end, when I am trying to drive home after being awake for >24 hours.
I'm going to have to find another book. Or maybe write one. "How to lose weight on the night shift".
It might just be a winner.
9 comments:
I'm pretty sure that there are diets out there that you don't have to give up caffiene, although giving it up will really help you lose the weight!!! i can't seem to give it up either!! There are also 5 hr energy drinks you could try!!! And if you write a book, i want a signed copy!!!
You might just have something there!!! Good luck!
I too have Skinny Bitch. The book. I no longer am entitled to the attitude, but I remember - no, they can't take that away from me!
Nope, not me. No one is taking away my caffeine!
They would have lost me, too. I can't give up the caffeine!
I've finally come to the conclusion that the only weight loss/get health plans that will work is the one that feels right for you. I'm tired of being told how I "should" behave. I'm old enough to know what works for me, and that's what I'm comfortable with. You'll find your groove. :)
I hate dieting. I know what I'm supposed to do, just can't quite bring myself to do it. Sigh. Maybe this year I'll get my stuff together.
I gave up caffeine for the month of January. I. Am. Counting. The. Days.
I got one of those Keurig machines for Christmas. It is now far too easy to just push a button for a caffeine injection.
And I keep thinking I'm going to eat better, and it goes okay right up until I'm about to chew my arm off at 10AM, so I eat a second breakfast.
Post a Comment