Warmer weather, the chance to play outside without coats and gloves and hats, greener grass and flowers blooming, cleaning and purging and painting...spring has definitely sprung around these parts!
A quick summary of the "Gabe-room" project.
Before the makeover began...
And after the application of one coat of primer, two coats of "Plantation Moss" and one coat of white high-gloss to the trim. Brighter, bigger and much more soothing than that loud Pooh-yellow! Next step, the bed (which is put together) and the wall decor (not yet purchased). So far, so good, although Gabe does miss his Thomas bed (change is so hard for kiddos).
The warm evening beckoned to us yesterday, and we headed over to the YMCA and hiked the nature trail, spotting deer and raccoon tracks, crossing creeks and climbing trees...it was a great way to spend some family time!
I love my babies, though they're not so much babies anymore. How on earth did that happen?
I finished up my work week yesterday morning, and now I'm off for eleven days! Big plans to spend lots of time with the kids, Joe and friends; Tastefully Simple party, New Moon slumber party, Taylor Swift concert, Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie, card-making with my sister, more hiking adventures...most important, being together and enjoying the spring. Oh, and finishing up Gabe's room (I love the decorating part!).
What are you doing this week? Any big spring-break plans?








12 comments:
Well you know my spring break plans include DW!!!!! I can't wait. Summer plans now include you! Can't wait for that either. You have such beautiful children. When did Joe get rid of the goatee/fumanchu? I'd love my hubby to grow his back.
Loving the Spring in the air... glad you all got to get out together & enjoy it!
11 days off?!?!?! Sounds like a piece of Heaven! Enjoy every minute of it!
and LOVE all the pictures.. the one with you & the kiddos is a fav!
Great pictures!
I've wondered how Gabe was doing without his Thomas bed. I'm looking forward to seeing Gabes remodeled room!
I have been enjoying this week...got to see my girls (although they were very sick with fever) I've walked the river trail, gardened & today John and I are doing our double movie dinner date!! :-)
Spring break doesn't start here till next weekend. But we will be spending our spring break in the smoky mountains camping with some super cool friends and their children. I hope you guys have a great time together and a safe spring break.
I would love to have 11 days off to be at home and doing stuff.
We are driving to Oklahoma on Saturday for a week. Cows and flat land. Good times. :)
The pictures are really wonderful. Definitely want to see Gabe's room when you are done, Martha!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid was great!!!
Saw Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D and it was dark but really a good flick.
LOVE the new wall color in Gabe's room.
Have fun!!
Sounds like you have a wonderful 11 days ahead of you! Enjoy every single one of them.
Really loving the Plantation Moss and can't wait to see the rest of the room makeover!
Spring Break is the week after Easter for us -- we plan to spend the week taking care of our newborn baby!
It's amazing how much difference the paint color makes! I've been contemplating repainting my living room. But that means new furniture, or at least slipcovers, and curtains and I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on that whole project yet. I can't start looking around, though. :)
We've really been loving this great weather! Of course, today it's rainy and yucky, but still. It's been nice.
Ok snow -- you've showed your lasting power and effectively frozen my daffodils. You may be on your way now, and bring back some of the weather in these gorgeous photos of yours.
My mom, the kids and I are headed to PA to visit my grandma, aunt, and cousins for a few days next week. Hoping for pretty spring weather there!
Spring, with snow on the ground this morning, what is this about???
Can't wait to see Gabe's room finished! Happy Spring Break!
Gabe's room is looking good. Those babies do grow up so fast, don't they. I tagged you in a post today.
(Sat)
Heather, what a darling little group you have. They are precious and so are you!
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
Post a Comment