Sunday, September 13, 2009

pity party

it's Sunday afternoon.

beautiful day outside.

gotta get ready for work, all 13 hours of it.

while my family is all snug in their beds catchin' zzz's, i'll be patrolling the units of the hospital, making sure all is well.

i don't mind it while i'm there, but thinking about it ahead of time makes me grumpy.

i know i am blessed to have such a great job.

but sometimes being a stay-at-home mom sounds so inviting...

especially when i'm walking the halls at three in the morning.

what will you be doing at three in the morning?

(make something up if you have to; it'll make me feel better.)

11 comments:

brainella said...

I don't have to make it up. About three times a week, anywhere between 2:30 and 3:30am, Dominic has a bad dream and I have to get up and put him back to bed. It takes forever to get back to sleep.

BTW...the pumpkin crisp is amazing. :-)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I don't know how you adapt yourself for that kind of schedule. Do you prep...or just do it and then recup later?

I hope to be sleeping at 3am. And not up driving myself crazed with the third go round of this bladder infection...

Jen said...

I will probably be up with a child because yes my children still get up in the middle of the night. *sigh* hope you have a good shift at work.

Suzann said...

I hope that I'm asleep, but I suffer from horrible insomnia and unfortunately at 3:00 a.m. I am usually having a horrible panic / anxiety attack. : )

CaraBee said...

I'm with Suzann. Far too often these days, you can find me up on the computer or reading at 3am because I just can't sleep. Not so much fun. Do you always work night shifts?

Jennifer said...

Okay, I seriously just LOL when your song started playing, "There's a tear in my beer!" Too funny!!!

Now, to answer your question.. 3:00 in the morning, I'll probably either be in Tucker's room finishing up his feeding, or walking down the hall to meet his demands! So although I won't be as awake as you, I'll probably still be up. If I am, I'll come by and let you know!! :) Have a great night at work, be safe & God bless!!!

Drahdrah said...

I hope I'll be sleeping, but there's a big chance that I'll be up with Baby J, trying to soothe her teething pain. And if I am up with Baby J, hopefully it won't take me hours to fall back asleep.

ChicagoLady said...

Boy, I really hope I'm sleeping at 3am, considering my alarm will go off at 6am. However, if for some insane reason I'm still up, I'll probably be either reading or playing Mafia Wars on Facebook.

BBB said...

Probably just headed to bed... I tend to stay up WAY too late.

Rebecca Jo said...

I'll be resting well at 3 am knowing there are awesome people like you that take care of the ones we love in the middle of the night!!!

Seriously - that's a gift from God that you have this job... not everyone can be good with others, especially when they're sick... I know its gotta be hard... but know that people appreciate ALL you do!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! At 3 in the morning? Oh, I'm slaying vampires. It's my side job. Really.

:)