Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A girl like you

Isabel, if I haven't told you lately...

I feel so blessed to have a girl like you for my only daughter.

When I got a call from your new fourth grade teacher yesterday, it warmed my heart to hear her tell me what a wonderful and sweet student you are, and how much she loves having you in her class already (this was only your fourth day of school!).

It set me to thinking about all the different roles you play, and how you touch so many lives at just nine years of age.

You are a kind and generous friend and student.


You're the best daughter any mother could ever hope to have. You are always asking me if I need any help around the house or with Gabe, and you never complain when I give you a task to do. You are so even-keeled and sweet, rarely in a bad mood. (And you don't even fuss when we make you go to Elijah's football games.)


Your younger cousins absolutely worship you. Katlyn wants to be just like you, and when you generously give her your outgrown clothes and toys, she treasures them (like I used to with my big sister, Rhonda). I love the way you show Katlyn and Kylee so much attention, and how you want to be a role model for them.


You are the best sister to your brothers. Most of the time, you are able to get along and have fun with your older brother, even when he's being a booger. And the way you are with Gabe...he knows how much you have loved him from the start, and he loves his "sissy" right back.

Isabel, I am loving watching you grow from a sweet little baby into this wonderful young girl you are becoming. Jesus' light shines through your eyes every single day, and all of us are blessed to have you in our lives.

I love you, honey.


Love,
Mommy

9 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

She's just a beautiful young lady - inside & out... isnt' she? What an amazing woman she's going to turn into!!!

I just love your family! :)

Shannon said...

There you go again... making me all weepy!

Cammie said...

If my Mallory turns out to be half as awesome I will be good to go!

Jen said...

Such a beautiful girl.

Anonymous said...

Heather, it's so crazy to think that i remember both Elijah and Isabel as babies!!! where have the years gone?! They both have grown into beautiful people! and Gabe has to be one of the cutest and funniest kids i've ever seen!!! you truly have the best children!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whaaaaaa!!!

CaraBee said...

Isabel sounds like such a sweet girl! And so beautiful!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

You are blessed and so is she for having you. :)

Jennifer said...

She is precious! Your blog is great, and your family is beautiful!

Visiting from SITS, and I'll be back! :) God bless!!!