Thursday, September 17, 2009

Not Again, Please!

I was recently tagged by a new blog friend, Julia, aka Brainella the Librarian. I haven't done one of these in a while, and liked the simplicity of this one. However, I did have to actually sit down and think about it before I posted it.

The title is "Ten Things I've Done Once in My Life which I Wouldn't Want to Repeat, Ever".

Here goes...

1. Get a cavity filled, without being numbed ("It'll only take a minute," my dentist said, "it's such a small one").

2. Make the decision to withdraw medical treatment on a loved one (my dad). Hardest decision ever.


3. Eat shark (paid for that one for hours, sitting on the throne).

4. Visit Belize (filthy dirty, scary times, yucky food, not impressed).

5. Experience the loss of my home from a tornado (I was 16 years old).


6. Fight with my husband about money (um, probably won't be the last time...just sayin').

7. Drive through a blizzard to get to work, only to have to stay for two straight days to take care of patients.


8. Lose my child at Disney World (only for a few minutes, but that was enough to last a lifetime!).
9. Wrestle an insanely strong man with DT's (alcohol withdrawal) in the ICU, all night long.

10. Clean up gallons of liquid stool from a morbidly obese patient (I love my job, truly I do!)

So, there you have it...my list of never-to-be-repeated (hopefully) life experiences.

Wanna play along? Either leave your best ones in my comments, or do a post of your own (make sure you let me know, so I can come by and read it).

10 comments:

stephanie said...

oh my goodness, my heart dropped at "lose my child at disney world."

my worst nightmare.

Rebecca Jo said...

OK... I'm obsessed with tornados so you gotta tell that story one day!!!

The Wife O Riley said...

I will never again go into the Brookfield Zoo Australia house. There are bats that fly around free in there. After I saw the first one, there was a Becky shaped dust cloud like in the cartoons.

Jen said...

totally been there on the stool thing but I can't seem to get away from it.

CaraBee said...

Every single one of those sounds just plain awful. I would have the dentist numb me for a cleaning if I didn't think he would call me a wimp.

What wouldn't I repeat? Hm. Eating two whole cans of sauerkraut when I was pregnant. NOT pretty.

Melissa said...

All I can say is, I'm so glad some are called to the medical field because I just cannot fathom cleaning liquid poo from an unknown person........just vomited a little in my mouth.

I will never again give birth to a 10 lb. 1.5 oz. child without an epidural. What the heck was I thinking? "I want a natural childbirth...:)"
I will also never eat at Angel's Diner in our town. Omelets in grease gravy can't be good for you.

MarciaBrady said...

Wow...that is a massive tornado in that pic. I hope I never have to live through something like that.

I feel ya on that blizzard. Good times!

I can't imagine having to make such a decision about my father.

You are a strong woman Heather!! I'm glad to have you as a friend.

Suzann said...

Okay, can I just say - there are many reasons I'm not a nurse, including - add a bucket o' barf to the ... Yeah, I'm gagging.

ChicagoLady said...

I'm thinking those are all things no one would want to do more than once. I'm glad you survived them all.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

You have some really hard and truly compasionate ones on there. I too fight with the man about money. It is the bane of my exsistence, but I hope that it will go away one day....

Sorry to hear about Belize, I have always wanted to go there, I am a scuba diver and hear that is some of the best in the world, but not is the rest of it is a dive.

Fun to learn some new things about you, the more I learn the more I think we are kindred spirits. ♥