Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crabby Pants

I woke up on the crabby side of the bed this morning.

It is wet and oh-so-muggy outside, but not hot enough to justify turning on the a/c.

Aunt Flo came to visit a week early, and I was unprepared.

Not enough sleep, not enough hours in the day, too much week at the end of the money.

*sigh*

In an attempt to get out of this crabby mood, I decided to list ten things that make me happy RIGHT NOW.

1. Cinnamon roll and a steaming cup of coffee for breakfast.

2. Joe, for getting the pack of said rolls from Cinnabun when he was out running errands.

3. My freshly mown lawn (thanks again to Joe).

4. I don't have a headache (Aunt Flo usually brings one with her when she visits).

5. My computer was fixed, for free (um, thanks to Joe once more).

6. I'm surrounded by my scrapbooking things right now, as my laptop is currently in my craft room.

7. I like my hair (not at the moment, but it's been fixing rather well this past two weeks).

8. After working this evening, I'm off until Sunday night.

9. Isabel and I are excited to run in our first mom-daughter race this Saturday, to kick off our town's Applefest celebration. Race, first. Apple fritters, second. Yum.

10. My cupboards and freezer are filled with good food that I can use to feed my family (the meal plan is working quite well).

I'm almost better now.

Methinks one more cup of coffee then an hour spent with Gabe, scrapbooking and reading and just giggling, will make Mr. Crabby vacate the premises. Too bad he can't take Aunt Flo with him...

What do you do when you're feeling crabby? What are a few things you're happy about today?

9 comments:

Suzann said...

I'm never crabby. Not me, never happens. Mean, ugly, bitter, depressed, angry, over it, but never ever crabby. LOL

This morning I am thankful for drugs. I can't live without them. My new fave? Lorazepam.

I am thankful for AC so I don't have to be subjected to the humidity.

I am thankful I went to bed at 8 p.m. last night and didn't wake up till this morning.

I am thankful that despite a half day today, I will have a few hours of "me" time.

I am thankful that I am a survivor.

Ta-Dah (throws her hands up in the Anna Nicole hip swinging cocky way).

brainella said...

I'm crabby until I get my coffee. Well, lots of coffe sometimes.

But the things that help are happy music (80's stuff is best) and baking. Cooking always makes me feel better.

I'm happy it's not raining today, that it's Wednesday, and I get to go on vacation soon. :)

Cammie said...

Im crabby too but Im sick. Im thankful for a 2PM Dr apt

CaraBee said...

I read when I'm crabby. It always takes my mind off whatever is bothering me and into another world. Also, I've been hitting the gym (I know, GASP), when I'm cranky. Truthfully though, I'm not prone to crabbiness. Or rather, prolonged crabbiness. I get it, but it goes away pretty quickly.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh I hate when Aunt Flo makes her nasty visit. I forgot to mention she visited me the day I left for my cruise....and she stayed until the last day!!! She was a B*tch!!!

Yay for the first mother daughter race!!! I can't wait to here all about it!! Good luck!!

I'm happy today because Meg came to visit John & I and stayed for dinner!!! :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like you might owe Joe something that will make him happy....if you know what I'm sayin'. After Aunt Flo leaves....of course.
Husbands, while sometimes as irritating as a pesky little brother, can really be a huge help in areas where we are "weakless" (as my 8 year old son would say).....:)
I may be a little crabby myself...ahem.

Lula! said...

I am lusting over your freezer full of good food. Seriously. Lusting.

What makes me happy now? Um...uh...Jesus. Amen.

Joe said...

I'll admit i've never cared for Aunt Flo, usually showing up unannounced. Those Cinnabuns are good, but i skip the coffee. Heather does a lot around the house too, and i appreciate her too.

Becky said...

Funny that Aunt Flo still keeps tabs in these here parts scheduled the same...{{sigh}}.

Can you believe the weather today!!! That is SUCH a turn around from Wednesday!! IT. IS. FALL!!! Yay!! Cool, breezy, 60's. I am buying some mums and pumpkins and making some vanilla capacinno:)