Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We're going to see the Mouse...

Did you notice that countdown over there on my sidebar?

The one that says "Days to Disney"?

Yep, we're taking the plunge and going to Disney World. In 55 days, which is forever in poor Gabe's eyes, who was convinced we were leaving the minute we booked the trip. 55 days, which doesn't seem long enough at all to me, the one responsible for all the planning, packing and general organization of the whole darn thing.


Of this I am sure: we're going to see the Mouse, staying on-site for the first time in my life, and we are going to have a great time, come hell or high water!


It would've been even better if I could have met up with Kori and her family on their trip, but they are going a week later than us. What a blog reunion that would've been!


One more thing. The contest for my 300th post is now closed. The names have been drawn. And you have to come back tomorrow to see if you're one of the winners...


How's that for a cliffhanger?

20 comments:

Cammie said...

I think we are booking a trip as well! You will LOVE it. If you have never been with your kids it is the best experience EVER. I cried when my son met Cinderella. Then again Im not all that stable on a good day.

ohhh, hope I won!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...packing for a whole family can be quite a chore. But once you leave the house it's all good.

Michelle said...

Lucky dog. Wish I was going with you. I heart Disney.

Can't wait unitl tomorrow to see the big winners!

Kim said...

I wish I were going to Florida away from all this nasty weather. You will love it. The kids will go crazy. Psst...who's the winner? C'mon, I won't tell anybody.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh how exciting - that wonderful, great, fantastic mouse.... hope you guys have a great time....

Kori said...

Come on seriously.

Can't you just stay a few extra days. Please? Ya know you wanna.

Oh and you for got to mention that you thieved that counter from me. lol

Love ya thanks for the prayers and I hope Gabe is being extra loud talking to the Jesus in his tummy.

The Wife O Riley said...

Oooohhhh! I am so jealous I could spit! We went last spring and had such a blast, we were debating about doing it again this year. Then my stupid sister got herself knock-up (she's married and happy about it) and she might not be up for it.

HiHoOhio said...

Do not tell Kipper, he will book his trip the same time as yours!

Jen said...

Oh that is so cool! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to go.

Tiffany said...

I love Disney World! Have you ever subscribed to Tour Guide Mike ? His site is fantastic for planning a fun and relaxing trip without waiting in lines. I'm not associated with him or his site, just passing on useful info!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I am jealous. We wanted to go this year but it will have to wait. Hopefully next year.

I hope you guys have the best time!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Have a fantabulous time! Where are you staying? Your Disney scrapbook went in the mail today.

We contemplated going again - the prices now are so good. But we got a sweetheart deal on a cruise and are doing that the first weekend of February...

WheresMyAngels said...

Never been and don't really want to go, but may take the kids someday. I'm such a nature buff. I love the outdoors that God made and like things simple. But yet I know that I would enjoy the smiles of my kids there.

So have fun on your trip when you go.


Oh, aren't you the one that posted photo's of you on tree roots somewhere? If it was, where was that?

Lula! said...

And you know whom might be going to see the Mouse at the exact same time as y'all?

Yeah.

Keep on praying.

That pottying thing has to happen soon. And then we're there. And by "we," I mean me and you...with drinks and a hot date one night and babysitters named Joe and Scott.

Amen.

Anonymous said...

If Gabe's suitcase was just a little bigger, I know I could fit in it. But who am I kidding, I'll probably have to take care of the kitty cats and your little dog too! I just know that Gabe will be hysterical and I don't want to miss out on that. Elijah and Isabel will enjoy it a lot too, in a different way than when they were both in strollers. Ahhh, good times. I just don't see how Joe can SKIP school to do Disney! I'm practically unemployed now and I could help out with the driving. Something to think about. Big hug!

Suzann said...

I've never met the mouse. Have fun.

Ashley said...

Aww! I'm so excited for you and your family! Little Gabe is going to have soooo much fun!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh I am so JEALOUS!!!!

WE haven't been since 1996!!!

I want to go now that the girls are well adults!! haha

Shannon said...

Have a great time! Have y'all been before?

We went in Oct of 2007... had a blast! I can't wait to go back. I think it would be fun to get Shane's mom, his two brothers and their families to go with us... it would be 14 of us altogether!

* said...

Dropping by from sits. Sending some sunshine your way. I'm at Disneyland as often as possible. It is the happiest place on earth. A fellow Disney fan!