Friday, January 2, 2009

Project 365 (and an update)

For all you scrapbookers out there, I just had to share an awesome idea being promoted by Creating Keepsakes magazine and my favorite scrapper of all time, Becky Higgins. It's called "Project 365", and basically it's a scrapbook about your every day life, encouraging you to take a picture every day of 2009, and put it in this book. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to have a book like this from your grandma, or great-grandma? I love reading my grandma's journal and scrapbook; she's the one who inspired me to start scrapbooking in the first place...

I was really bummed today when all of these kits sold out:


But then I remembered my Hobby Lobby gift card (from Joe, 'cause he loves me like that). And my sweet MIL and I headed out to this favorite craft store of ours and spent (a little) more than the balance on the card. I bought all the supplies needed to make my own Project 365, which suits me just fine, since I wasn't crazy about the colors in this kit.


If you are a scrapper, or thinking about starting your first scrapbook, visit Becky's blog and read about it. It's an easy way to get started, and a great gift for future generations. I can't wait to start putting mine together (tomorrow).


Wow, after reading this, I sound like a freakin' advertisement for CK magazine. I'm not, I swear, I just really love scrapbooking. And I love a new project. And I love Hobby Lobby.


'Nuff said.


(Side note: For all of you who followed me over to MckMama's blog to help pray for Stellan...it looks as if Stellan is doing much better, and may even get to come home tomorrow. Praise God for answered prayers!)

10 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

That's a great idea, but I might be a little ADD to follow through.

But I will give it a try!

Kori said...

I wouldn't even know where to begin if I even tried to Scrapbook anything. Sounds great though. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. I'm sure ot will be awesome since you have a part in it.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Can you just move by me!

You inspire me....I know how beautiful your cards are so I know this scrapbook will be beautiful.

I should do it with both John & I and make two for the girls for Christmas next year! ***lightbulb***

I think I would buy my own supplies as well!!

Thanks, Heather!

Honorary Indian said...

What a great idea. I've already started this...we got some awesome shots of our gathering with Catherine and friends yesterday at our house. And, would you believe that the silliest pictures were not of the kids but of us GROWN WOMEN????

Awesome idea. I'm copying you. And, CK magazine, which I love!

Cammie said...

that is a great idea....Im a scrapbooker....you should try and post your pic every day too!

Michelle said...

You go girl! But um not me. I know I could never keep up with that but I know you will and I can't wait to see the progress.

I have been getting the itch to start scrappin' since I can see my scrapbook table again. I printed pictures so I can start on the kids books for this school year.

and.. Go Baby Stellan!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Good Luck! I find that scrapping myself is really hard to do. I have been able to do one scrapbook about me though for the girls.

It is just so much easier to scrap about somebody else!! Have you ever taken any of the Stacy Julian classes?

Suzann said...

Well, I always start out with the best intentions when it comes to scrapbooking (I have a TON of stuff) but then I never seem to. It's difficult to be AR/OC and scrapbook, but maybe, just maybe I'll give it another whirl.

Joe said...

Get off your blog and come to bed!!

the Hubby

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I am laughing hard about Joe's comment. (Does that deserve a "that's what she said?!")

And I love the idea of a daily photo. Or even if you don't do that...anything close to that would just be cool. And an easy album to create.

I have got to get back into my scrapbooking - and get myself moved over to digital...