Snow, ice, freezing rain, more snow.
Level 2 and 3 Winter Emergencies declared throughout the area.
Schools closed for the second day in a row, most likely again on Thursday.
Over 15,000 people without power. Not us, at the moment.
So, what do you do with a houseful of people on yet another snow day?
You send the hubby out with the kids, take a few pictures, then snuggle up with your laptop and a steaming cup of coffee.
Until it's time to get ready for work. Then you shower, get dressed, fix your hair, and say a multitude of prayers that you make the 30 mile drive down to the hospital in less than two hours...
Joe was fixing to throw this at me, until I ducked inside the house.

I am loving this orange coat in the snow. I'll have to remember that when we go to buy another coat (this boy is growing so fast, he'll be out of this one by next winter, for sure).

Isabel took Gabe "exploring", Laura-Ingalls-style, in the patch of woods behind our house. I'm not really sure what good the blanket is going to do, but you just don't mess with a girls' imagination...
Then, this morning, the crackling of ice-coated branches in the wind.

Picturesque, for sure.

Anyone ready for s'mores? Let me clear off the firepit first.

I'm pretty sure we have at least seven or eight inches of snow/ice/snow out there, and it's not done yet (as of 11 am Wednesday).

Picturesque, for sure.

Anyone ready for s'mores? Let me clear off the firepit first.

I'm pretty sure we have at least seven or eight inches of snow/ice/snow out there, and it's not done yet (as of 11 am Wednesday).
I was worried that the gifts from Santa (sleds, snowsuits, snowboots) weren't going to be put to use this year.
Worry no more.
Now, I've gotta go do some more laundry. The bain of my existence. Hope y'all are safe, warm, and have electricity.
Ice, ice baby.

18 comments:
WOW, i have never seen snow like that - you are so lucky! How do you keep yourselves warm? Over here in Oz it is above 100 degrees in the Southern states this week.
What's pathetic is that I am now singing that ridiculous song in my head and it even doing the little dum dum dum da da dum dum part after ice ice baby. Ironically enough, my daughter has to be in 80's attire today so this song is so me today.
Now, I have fortunately, knock on wood, avoided this ice storm & snow, but I would LOVE to get hit perhaps this weekend, or next week. Okay, not hit with a fist, but I mean snow & ice hit in my town.
Enjoy!!! What a treat to have the kids home and they can do some fun winter play and exploring!!!
Driving? Not so much fun. Stay Safe.
We are here.....iced and snowed in yesterday also. Back at work today.
Love the pics!
We are here with you. Your pics are great. I love Laura Ingalls. I guess that's the one good thing we get out of this crap, amazing photo ops.
DUDE those icicles look deadly. Glad the kids are having a good time.
Wow, I'm sorry your getting less than great weather. We're getting snow showers but it's not supposed to amount to much more than a giant annoyance.
So did you ever find out what she did with the blanket?
Love the photos.
How much hot cocoa did you make for them....and I can only imagine the wet laundry. YUCK.
Fun family time though, huh?!!
only good thing is I have no dirty clothes!
Isabel cracks me up. I swear that girl is a mini me at play as a child. I lived and breathed Little House.
Glad you are safe at home now. I worried about you last night!
We got some snow from this storm system but nothing like this and we did not get the ice. Thank goodness. It sure looks cool but I can imagine that it is not fun.
Yuck.
Be safe!
Fortunately, it was all snow up this way. Those icicles look cool, hanging from the chairs and fire pit on the deck.
Those pictures of the kids remind of when I used to spend all day sledding, until my hands and feet were numb.
Oh the days of living in the Midwest. Been there, done that, got a parka.
I do miss the people. That made it worth the $500 propane bill...:)
I guess you are enjoying the snow. I want snow dammit!
about 18 girls from my mommy board getting together in Jersey....most of us have not seen each other in over a year....good times WILL be had.....
Laundry is the bain of my existence, too.
Sigh.
Stay warm and safe. The pics are beautiful. But I don't envy you and Catherine.
I'll think of you later when we're enjoying our sunny, 66 degree afternoon.
Looks like the kids are enjoying it... we've been dealing with the mess of it all - power outages with MORE snow coming... UGH!
Take care of yourself!
Stopping by from SITS. We had 3 snow days too (Tues, Wed, Thurs) mostly ice though!!
Post a Comment