I grew up with three older sisters and a mom who was deathly afraid of ALL bugs. I did not have any brothers, and though I'm not terrified of bugs, I'm not their biggest fan, either. How, then, did I get a baby like Gabe? The boy is not afraid of ANY bug, not even the ugliest cicada around. We have hundreds of cicada holes in our backyard where they have burrowed out of the dirt and into the world. The other day, Gabe could see one still in his hole, not having joined its fellow LOUD buddies out yet. He insisted I dig the bug out and "save him". After I (carefully) used my gardening spade to do so, Gabe got a hold of his new friend and shouted "You did it! Now he's SO happy!" How can you not love this adorable boy? He is just too funny :) After he cuddled and cooed over his "cada", he wanted me to get the camera and "take a pitcher". So of course, I did. Truly the kid of a scrapbooker, huh?

Pretending to be grossed out, when really he is loving it!

Giving his new friend a "tiss".

The cicada still in its shell, before molting and becoming the loud, annoying, flying, kamikaze insect that it really is. Can you tell that I don't really care for them?

He is so in his element during the summertime. Nothing makes Gabe happier than being in the backyard with a shovel and a bug house (or a cup or a bucket, whatever), capturing worms, cicadas, pillbugs, ants, spiders, and the occasional grub. And he has totally turned this previously squeamish girl into a bug-lovin' momma, eager to help her baby boy find more "new friends".
3 comments:
I see that bug!!! Can't wait to see more, that means my move will be OVER. Have a great day! Catherine
I see the bug and can't wait to see more, that means my move will be over!!! Have a great day with your new friends! Catherine
EWWWWW! GROSS! But, somehow that bug is made so much more adorable in the hands of your precious little one. Boys will definitely be boys. We were at Sea World today and Deven saw a water ski-er totally wipe out doing a stunt. Deven just looked at me...wide-eyed...and said slowly, "TOTALLY AWESOME!"
I'm just now catching up on blogs. Sorry I haven't visited in awhile. Now that the race is over...more time to play. Although, I've got my sights set on another triathlon in August...
I've got the racing BUG!
Enjoy the summer. It's HOT here in Texas!!!!!!
Post a Comment