Who knows when they marry a guy what kind of father they will be? I had an idea with Joe; when we had only been dating for a month, I noticed how awesome he was with the little kids his mom babysat. So at ease with them, picking them up and holding them, playing with the boys and coddling the girls...they all LOVED Joe. When I saw him feeding one of the babies a bottle, of his own free will, I knew he was the guy for me. I am, and always have been, a baby freak, a kid magnet, a mommy-in-the-making since I was, like, five years old. Joe is the perfect kind of guy for a girl like me. Why is Joe a great dad? Let me count the ways...
The best gift a father can give his children is to love their mother...and he does.
He supports my scrapbooking habit, helping "arrange" photo shoots with sometimes uncooperative kids, and even taking great pictures himself (he draws the line at making his own scrapbook page, however; I know...I've asked).
He loves on my friends' babies, even though he has three of his own. Here he is trying to comfort Summer when she was feeling sad.
He loves to get crazy with our kids, jumping on trampolines and inflatable toys, generally making a spectacle of himself and loving every minute of it! This was at Elijah's 10th birthday party at Run, Jump 'N Play last week. What a nut!
He can fall asleep anywhere...sitting upright in a chair, in the middle of a party, driving a car...he's not really sleeping here, but I'll bet he could have if I would've let him :)Seriously, Joe does so many great things as a dad it is hard to name them all. I hope my kids appreciate him someday as much as I do my own dad. This is the third Father's Day without him, and I still miss him like crazy. Usually we would celebrate with a movie date and lunch; this year we would probably see "The Happening" (he loved scary movies). My dad was an awesome father, and I never doubted his love for me.
Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment