Friday, June 6, 2008

Summertime Fun!

Yesterday was hot and sunny, perfect for going to the Y pool. Clearly, all of Lebanon thought the same thing, because when we got there, we had to search high and low for a seat, finally finding one lone beachchair in the kiddie-pool area. Luckily, I brought our huge "picnic" towel and really, we didn't plan on sitting down all that much. Elijah thought the water was too cold, until a group of his guy friends showed up and they all started playing ball in the pool. I love that Elijah and Isabel can always find at least one friend when we go...makes it so much more fun for them, and easier on me :) Joe came along, too...the advantage of having a teacher for a husband, having summer vacations off!



It's been a whole year since we have been at the pool...I had to explain some rules to Gabe before he got the "whistle" from a lifeguard...no running, no spitting water at other kids, no running, no peeing in the water, did I mention no running? Look at him, I think he was actually listening to me!

The best thing about the Y pool, next to swimming? Bringing your own money and going to the concession stand all by yourself, ordering hot pretzels, pizza, ice cream, and candy (not all at once!). Gabe looks like he's on a mission...He brought eight pennies of his own to spend (due to inflation, 8 cents buys jack-squat, but I didn't have the heart to tell him). Daddy went along to subsidize his funds :)


Elijah, still waiting for a friend to show up...


Gabe has no fear of the water, which is a little scary. I can't take my eyes off of him for a second. I love how much he loves the water, though. When Elijah was three, he couldn't stand for the water to even splash his face, much less go under! The difference between the first kid and the third is amazing in so many ways!














Isabel brought her friend, Felicity, with her, and they met up with some other girls, too. I saw several people from our church there, as well. Looks like it's going to be a busy summer for the YMCA!










No comments: