Friday, June 20, 2008

Becky, I miss you!

This week I have felt like a little kid, missing my best friend while she was gone on a week-long vacation. Oh, that's because my best friend IS on vacation, and I am missing her like crazy. Becky called me from Myrtle Beach yesterday, rubbing it in about the great weather and the beach and the ocean, and making sure I wasn't working out without her. We made a pact before she left that I would abstain from the YMCA gym so we could both be pathetic on our first day back :) Well, Becky, while you were gone I had nothing but celery and water, worked out two hours a day every day, ran a marathon, lost twenty pounds and three dress sizes! That's what you get for leaving me here!


Just kidding! Unless you count walking ten miles at the zoo, and sitting poolside at the Y, and running after Gabe at Elijah's ballgames, I haven't exercised one lick. I had good intentions, but without a buddy to talk to, being on an elliptical machine for forty minutes sounds like torture. I cannot wait until Monday, when we can catch up and burn off all those calories we have stored up this past week! It's so silly, but when I heard your message on my way home from work this morning, it really did make me miss you like a little kid. I know we have talked about this before, but I am sure God had His hand on our friendship from the start. You are a balm for my soul, and it's hard to believe we haven't even known each other a year yet. I truly do thank God for putting you in my life...you are an awesome friend, a great mother, and a devoted wife (in other words, a great example for me). I love you, man.

Now don't forget our plans for a girls night next week when my hubby is off to Vegas. We got some catching up to do!


1 comment:

Honorary Indian said...

BFFs are awesome. How cool that you haven't even known her for a year. Sometimes people just click like that.

Speaking of friends, one of mine just moved to your neck of the woods. She said you visited her blog...

hi-ho ohio...

anyway, she's living in Cincinnati as of 3 days ago and would love to email you!

could you send me yours? THANKS!