Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Upwards Basketball

Here is a picture of Elijah's first basketball game of the season playing with Upwards Basketball. It is a Christian organization that emphasizes sportsmanship, learning the plays, and doing your absolute best. I love it, and more importantly, Elijah loves it! At the beginning of each game, both teams gather for a small prayer. I love that! At a time when it isn't "cool" to be seen praying in front of friends, I think it's great that it's a part of every game. If a kid gets hurt on the court, every player on the court gets down on one knee and bows his head until the injured player is okay or is off the court. And Elijah's coach is awesome; he really teaches the boys how to play the game, and he is SO patient and fun. If you ever have the chance to be a part of this, I encourage you to do it.

Off to the YMCA now to exercise...wish me luck; I have two extra kiddos today (my nieces) and it is pouring the rain. But I am determined! See you soon!

No comments: