

Yeah, yeah, I know, this is an old pic from Christmas, but I love the sweet look on Elijah's face, so I had to post it. I'm starting to go through my pictures to pick the ones I want to scrapbook on my weekend retreat. I know it's a month away, but you know me, I am a planner :)Some of my other favorites of the kids, as well.
I am so incredibly blessed by these babies of mine. I wanted to be a mom ever since I can remember, and although every day isn't perfect, most of the time I wouldn't change a thing. Elijah and Isabel are so easy to get along with, responsible, loving, and funny, and they love me like crazy. Gabriel is just plain crazy! Kidding! He is so sweet and enthusiastic about life, with more energy than I know what to do with. There is nothing better than hearing "I love you, Mommy", said for no reason other than they truly mean it. No ulterior motive, no hidden meaning, just love, pure and simple. What did I ever do to deserve that? (Other than carry them for 9 1/2 months, give birth, nourish them with my own body...but who's keeping track?) Seriously, though, my kids know that I love them more than anything, and that my love is completely unconditional. I had that love from my parents growing up, and what a gift...it totally made me the person I am today. I try to make sure that I tell them every day how much I love them (in between yelling at them to please not fight with each other!) Isn't it funny how you start the day with such good intentions (I will not raise my voice today, I will be patient, I will be kind, I will be fun), and then you walk into the kitchen and step into a pile of sugar spilled by your adorable daughter before you have even had a cup of coffee, and you already want to scream?! Who knew being a (good) parent would be so hard...other than our own parents?
Wow, I'm being sappy tonight. I must be tired...I'm going to try to take some more fun pictures this week to post later. Have a great night, and a great day tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment