I was going to write a big ole post about how tired I am of the media making swine flu sound like the next Armageddon.
I was going to write about how irritated I am that my hospital made it mandatory for ALL employees to get the flu vaccine this year. (I don't like being told what to do, if you hadn't already guessed).
I was going to fuss and vent and whine. But I changed my mind. Instead, I'm going to ask you: have you been vaccinated for the flu this year? Are you planning on it? Would you get the swine flu vaccine if it was ready? Am I the only paranoid person around here who thinks that the powers that be could put just about anything into a syringe and tell citizens it was for their own good, and those citizens would just nod their heads and line up outside their local Walgreens?
Please tell me I'm not alone. (Or that I obviously need to stop reading Dean Koontz...)
9 comments:
I agree with you. I can't wrap my head around why the swine flu is so much more dangerous than the regular flu... Why are they making people paranoid?
Well, our area has a TON of flu and swine flu going around right now. And I myself am sick but it is only a head cold. Although ONLY seems like an understatement since I feel like crap on a stick. However, I will not be getting the swine flu shot or the reg flu shot. I never do. But I am going to get Addie the reg flu shot since she catches everything and she is only two. I won't be getting the swine flu one for her because it hasn't been tested properly. Can you tell I have thought about this a lot?
no swine flu shot. Nope, won't do it. too many issues.
Yes...
Flu, Flu, Go Away.
Caroline got a fever last night. Her very first one, ever. Now...she's all pitiful and lethargic and we're headed to Daddy's office.
Good times.
p.s. NO...I hate the flu shot. Makes me sick. But Scott & Libbey take it.
I work for a federal public health center and you'd think the swine flu was going to get us all. H1N1 newsletters each week. Gloom, dispair and agony! Blah, blah, blah. I got the regular flu shot but I'm not going to get swine flu shot, and I will not inflict my kid with another shot either.
I am not getting the vaccine. I only did it once and it was the sickest I have ever been. If God wants me to get the swine flu, I will deal with what He gives.
I agree with you that you have no idea what is in that syringe. With the way this country is headed, I don't even want to think about what could be next.
The media definitely has me freaked out. Our oldest daughter works in infectious disease as a scientist & she said at the beginning that the Swine Flu was being blown out of proportions... but she did recently tell us that we need to get our shots this year & she always disagrees with the shots... so not sure what that means. She's coming up Friday so I'll drill her more on info..
I do want a flu shot this year though... not sure about the swine flu shot. I'm afraid to touch anyone or go in public with the way they make it sound!
We are being mandated to get the flu shot this year too but to be honest that's fine with me. We are already seeing some really nasty flu cases, no H1N1 but still I don't want to take any chances.
NO Swine Fly vaccine for us. It's just too risky. The regular flu vaccine? Not sure. I've only gotten it a couple of times and I never get sick. Sometimes I worry that all this vaccinating does is set us up for even bigger and worse things. So I'm a maybe for Sophie. I lean towards better safe than sorry with her.
Post a Comment