It may be chilly outside, and gloves/hats/winter coats still necessary, but the mere fact that March is here warms my heart.
Tulips and hyacinths are bravely poking up through the mulch in my flower beds.
The pear tree has fuzzy little buds all over the top.
The sky is light when I go to work in the evening (this is a HUGE mood-lifter).
The air even smells different, full of things growing and changing and coming back to life. I am counting down the days til we can plant our garden and dig up earthworms and boost up our compost bin and design our flowerpots for the year. (The rule of thumb around these parts is no planting in the ground until after Mother's Day).
Does March bring you hope? What are you itching to do this spring?

6 comments:
I am praying that March means a fresh, new start.
Our rule down here is no planting until after Derby Day :) The first Saturday in May... so kinda close to yours
I'm SOOOO loving it - this morning, the sky was LIGHT when I went into work (I have to be here at 7 am)... AHHH - love having sun light on the drive to work - makes it so much easier then pitch black!
i LOVE living in Georgia because things are blossoming all OVER!!! trees and daffodils and things I have NO idea what are!!!!
SPRING!!!! I have several trees that are starting to bud. YAY!!
The kids and I just made some plans for some indoor planting projects because we're so itching to get our hands in the dirt! Can't wait for days to hang out at the park. Hope we can meet up to do so together!
We've had a couple of really beautiful days in the last week that have got me so ready for spring. There are a couple of green tips poking out of my flower beds too and it has me thinking about what I want to plant. I love this time of year.
Post a Comment