Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snow Day already?


In our area, the snow usually waits til January to make its appearance.

This year, notsomuch.

We woke up this morning to a surprise snow delay, due to a "microburst of isolated snowshowers".

Methinks that's weatherman speak for "holy crap, we didn't know it was going to snow last night!".

Wouldn't you love a job where you can be wrong and still get a paycheck?  I would :)

No matter...we'll enjoy the beautiful snow day, snuggle up and try to keep warm in the arctic chill (single digit wind chills) and maybe get some more online shopping done!

5 comments:

Suzann said...

We have snow here and it's lovely. : )
NO snow day here though. Just super cold.
We keep getting little bursts of snowing, but nothing to fret over. I need to find a winter coat that fits to protect me from these bitter temps.
Enjoy your babies today!!!

CaraBee said...

No snow here yet. We're like you, it's unusual to get snow this early but as last year demonstrates, it DOES happen. It sounds like folks around the great lakes are getting hit hard. That glorious lake effect snow. It's enough to keep me away.

Enjoy your snow day!

E... said...

I was so surprised when I saw you all had a delay -- must have been more than the driveway coating we had. I'm having a hard time with the cold too -- rough to get all three bundled up and buckled up, so I'm not getting nearly as much done as I feel like I should be at this busy time!!

mep said...

It snowed here over the weekend, and the boys loved playing outside in the snow. There are almost never snow days here, which is nice. I'm sure I wouldn't be saying that if I were still a teacher!

Did you take that photo?

Shannon said...

We had some flurries the other day. It was juuuuuuust barely spitting snow.

Of course the girls were all excited. They're hoping for another winter just like the last one. UGH.