in my book, anyway.
After ten weeks of training, we had our Girls on the Run 5K race on November 20th (yes, this post is long overdue). Thirteen Lebanon girls ran along the Ohio River by the Reds' Stadium and the Bengals' Stadium on a perfect, slightly foggy morning. They were joined by 2000 other runners from the Greater Cincinnati area. There was a DJ with a dance floor at Sawyer Point, a hair-painting table, and lots of cheering supporters along the path.
I had to get a faster running buddy for Isabel, because my legs won't run an 8-minute mile, not even if someone was chasing me with a cattle prod.
All of our girls finished in under 45 minutes, which was a huge accomplishment.
![]() |
| Isabel and her bestie, Emily |
She truly is a rockstar!

7 comments:
8 minute miles.... that seriously makes my butt & thighs hurt & my heart feel like its going to explode thinking of it.
So fantastic!!!
Wow. Great running time! She definitely rocks.
And you know, looking at that particular picture -- Isabel looks SO much like Elijah. :-)
HOLY Buckets - that's amazing time!!! Good for her
You and your girl rock! What an awesome habit to get into at a young age. I enjoyed all the FB status updates throughout your Girls on the Run season.
Great photo!
Wow!! She's got my vote for rockstar!!!
Yay! I count myself as a runner, too, and am pretty sure I have never run an 8-minute mile in my life. Cattle prod or no cattle prod. Go, Isabel!
Man, last week was busy for me, but I didn't realize I'd missed so much in your world!! Congrats to Isabel!!! I hope mine take up lifelong sports like this -- just hope they don't expect me to run along with them.
Post a Comment