Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas spirit

Some people dread it, some people boycott it, but I love this part of Christmas.

I started making my cards in September, a few each day.  These were a few of my favorites.  I hope everyone who receives a card from me knows how much love and time goes into each and every one...


Decking our halls was so much fun this year.  Gabe was actually a big help, and so excited about each decoration, with his own particular ideas of where to put things.  I love his enthusiasm!




We found the "perfect" tree and trimmed it with ornaments old and new, and lots of colored lights.  Still don't have a good pic of the tree post-decor...


Ahh, the nightmare of the gingerbread house (this year, a whole village!).  It always sounds like a good idea, but the amount of frustration and tears (Gabe's, not mine) are NOT worth the trouble.  Someday, I will learn my lesson.

Today, I decided to forgo a decent day's sleep and took Gabe to his kindergarten's "Winter Wonderland".  It was SO worth it...according to him, it was "the best day EVER!".


Gabe and his awesome teacher!

He giggled the whole time he got his face painted.


So far, many good memories have been made...and we're only halfway through the month.  Loving this Christmas season!

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm sure everyone knows how much work & love you put into those cards... that is such a talent!

Look at Gabe... I want my face spray painted blue too!!! :)

So happy you're enjoying the Holidays!!! May the rest of the season keep on with much more fun with your family!!!

CaraBee said...

I love Christmas and my holiday spirit is in full bloom this year. Of course, that doesn't mean I have my cards done but thats not so much about lack of spirit as it is laziness. Sigh.

Love all of your decorations. You definitely pull out all of the stops. I aspire to that. Maybe next year. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Homemade Christmas cards. Gingerbread villages. You are a holiday rock star!

brainella said...

I love making cards too. I never start early enough so I never make enough for everyone on my list. You'd think I'd remember that each year. :)

mep said...

Your cards are just gorgeous, and I know that each person who received one felt the LOVE!

I've had some thoughts about a gingerbread house, but I'm not sure I can handle it. Maybe next week when they are so hyped up for Christmas that things that I've stopped trying for a semblance of order . . .

I love receiving cards! I have a hard time getting mine out in a timely fashion, but I always manage in the end.

Gabe's teacher looks familiar to me.

Melissa said...

I am not sure I will even get cards out this year. We have to actually sit long enough to snap a photo.

I'm still waiting for my Christmas card from you for 2009.....:)

E... said...

We're attempting our gingerbread house today. I'm sure you'll be reading about the (mis)adventure later on over at Small World. I too, never learn.
Christmas at your house looks like great fun!

Brandy said...

I'm not sure why but I just haven't been feeling the Christmas spirit this year. (Well I might know why but it's pointless to bring it up...)

But I can feel your enthusiam reading this post. Maybe it will spark something in me too!