
I've been reading a great book which I thought I would share. It's titled "From Clutter to Clarity", written by Nancy Twigg. A biblical approach to prioritizing your life and getting rid of all the clutter that stops you from truly enjoying your time here on earth.
This time of year makes me eager to get organized.
I want to clean out my closets and cabinets.
I want to make lists.
I want to have a menu plan for the week, with delicious homemade meals instead of fast-food.
Am I alone in this, or does anyone else feel the same way?
I want to have a peaceful, pleasant home for my family; a place where we can relax and enjoy each other, with fewer distractions and less, well, clutter.
I'm not going to review the whole book, but here are some of the key points:
Definition of clutter: anything that complicates your life and prevents you from living in peace as you live out your purpose.
Your lifestyle reflects what you believe and what you value most.
One of my favorite chapters, and a lesson I so want to teach my children: Finding Contentment in a Discontented World. She defines contentment as "being able to come to terms with where you are and what's going on in your life, even if it's not what you would have chosen for yourself." I am finally at a place in my life where I am more and more content. I have a beautiful home, a supportive husband, three wonderful kids, our health, a loving family; my Lord, my list is endless. There are many people who have more than me, but also many who have less. God has blessed with me with this life, though, and it's my job to appreciate it and tend the garden that he has given me.
This book has struck such a chord in my heart, I just felt compelled to share it with you.
What about you? Is there a book that you just love, that you fall back on time and again? Please do share with us.
9 comments:
Oh, I reside in the capital of clutter-ville and it drives me crazy on a daily basis. It sounds like you're on to a good book for this issue!
I've been reading something this weekend called "I was a really good mom before I had kids" and it's been a real eye opener on the pressure that we moms put on ourselves to "have it all". I'm really enjoying it!
OK... my interest is peaked... I have so much stupid clutter in so many areas of my life... I may have to check out this book myself. Keep sharing any good stuff you get out of it that works for you!
I know you mentioned this book to me before, but I am a complete goof about decluttering and organization. Fall / back to school makes me yearn for the days of completely going through the house room by room making everything perfect and in order again as it should be. Me? I hate "stuff". I have as little as possible in my home. I am always throwing out more and more. Makes the family nuts. Gonna get this book for sure!
I am exactly the same way. This time of year makes me want to clean and make pies and can things even though I didn't grow anything to can.
Matt and I are planning on quitting fast food for a year and see how we do.
Fall has a way of making us take stock and refocus. :-) I love this time of year. You are the second person to recommend that book. I may need to find a copy.
this sounds like something I need. Thank you for sharing it.
Going to order this book on Amazon NOW! I just made a list yesterday of the big projects I want to complete in my house by Christmas.
There are 20 projects.
Sigh. But this biblical approach might help me find a starting point.
Thanks for the tip!
just stumbled upon your blog...
i am very intrigued by this book. sounds like she wrote it with me in mind. i'm gonna have to check it out! :)
I so needed to read that. I guess I need to learn to be content that I will have no stability in my life, but have a happy family. Is that possible? Anyway, it was good to read that and think about how I can apply that to my life.
Post a Comment