Watching Elijah getting geared up for puberty has been an experience.
His face is becoming more chiseled and defined. He has completely lost that babyface that I loved so much. But as he grows, he looks more and more like my dad. I hadn't noticed it until my sister pointed it out in the last picture. No overwhelming changes, but it is amazing to see the little differences...
Age 9.

Age 10.

Age 11.
Gabe is quickly improving on his photography skills. I'm thinking of getting him a camera for his birthday. Check out this shot he took of me and my sister, Rhonda and our girls...

Have you ever caught a photo of a frog with his tail still on? I did. Look close.

Gabe let me make his hair spiky in honor of Elijah's premier football game. I love it!

I'm a little surprised at how much I am enjoying being a "football mom" this year. We've met some really nice parents, and I am having fun watching the boys play (even when they lose).
We discovered this cabin at the Nature Preserve near my sister's house.
We have made plans to come back in the fall, my sister and I with just the girls, to play Little House on the Prairie for an entire afternoon.
Wonder who will have the most fun?

Have you ever caught a photo of a frog with his tail still on? I did. Look close.

Gabe let me make his hair spiky in honor of Elijah's premier football game. I love it!

I'm a little surprised at how much I am enjoying being a "football mom" this year. We've met some really nice parents, and I am having fun watching the boys play (even when they lose).
School starts in three days.
My baby turns five in three days.
I am planning a birthday party for Gabe for this Saturday. I can't decide between cake or cupcakes. Maybe I'll do both.
It's 6pm and I haven't had dinner. I'm starving, and now it's time for football practice. I'm gonna lose these last five pounds yet!
And now I'm boring you. I apologize...



11 comments:
I love random posts. And wow, I can't believe the progression in those photos. Certainly not a baby boy but a young man. Wow.
That is just like Katie...with the huge slim down - and grown up look - all in the course of a year!
We are crazy with the dinners this year, too. Katie has tennis three times a week until 6. And Madalyn swims three times a week until 7:30. I am thinking we are just not going to get to eat together those nights...
Elijah looks a lot like you! Which means, I guess, that you look a lot like your dad. Nice looking family! :)
I've never seen a frog with the tail still on! It's in between tadpole and adult stages right? I think that frog is a freak of nature, cause he looks way to big to be a teen frog.
GREAT post.
Terrific Photos.
LOVE Little House on the Prairie.
Go Elijah!
Go Gabe!
Bella - you just keep rocking that girl thing.
Yep... you can see the "baby" leaving Elijah's face... what a handsome little man he is!!!
OK - the frog tail is CRAZY!!!! And is that a lilly pad? COOL!
I do see a future for Gabe in photography!!!! He's pretty good!
The same thing is happening to Emerson and it's freaking me out.
I love that you got to spend time with your sister, I know you were missing her.
awesome pictures!!
You have gorgeous kids. :-) I only have one child and he'll be five next year. Kinda freaked out by the going to school concept!
BTW...I tagged you today. :)
i can't believe how big elijah has gotten!! i remember him when he was a baby!!!!! wow i sound old!
Never boring. I love the randomness of life. There are so many things with so many variables all going on at the same time. I agree with Cara, Elijah does look a lot like you! I can see your hubby in him, too, though.
I haven't even had a chance to think about blogging. I'm posting first day of school pics with no added commentary. I have been volunteering at the school and it's turned into a full time job!!! I'm so backed up on laundry it's not even funny.
By the way, I meant to ask you about your experience with the Esther study! I am on the last week right now! Wow! It's been so amazing!
Post a Comment