And happily, it appears that I have passed this gene down to at least two of my children.
Isabel and Gabe love to help me in the garden. One year, Isabel and I planted over 30 bulbs, and they were gorgeous.
This year, Gabe decided he wanted to try his hand at morning glories.
Our back patio went from this:


To this, in a matter of months:
(Gabe is still experimenting with his photographic abilities...)


The best part of all these flowers is that we will have enough seeds to give to the whole neighborhood, and then some. Every morning, we wake up to hundreds of magenta flowers greeting us from our patio. I love it, and so do the kids!
Suzann, if you want to borrow Gabe for your yard, you're welcome to :)

9 comments:
I managed to do the complete opposite. Despite my very green heritage, I can kill of plants right quick. It is actually quite frightening -- no matter how hard I try, I cannot grow things.
Gorgeous flowers -- I'll borrow your son. Maybe he can teach me a thing or two. :-)
Now you knew I was gonna ask if I could have him next summer. : ) My goodness I don't even have grass that will grow.
I wish I had a green thumb. I'm allergic to grass so if I try to get out & do anything "garden-y" - I end up breaking out & itching & am miserable... sigh...
your flowers are beautiful! I love things that grow vine like up trellises...
wow...strictly a brown thumb here!
just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.
I have brown thumbs too : (
Great job on the flowers though.
Oh, I am sooo impressed! I don't usually have much luck. My tomatoes have not done well at all. I got a teeny tiny tomato off of it. And that is it!
And I have this affinity for vines. I have a wisteria and a jasmine growing on my deck. But the wisteria is looking a little weedy. I like the morning glory! We also have a clematis vine around our mail box. I am thinking that the morning glory or the clematis might have to replace the wisteria as it's totally out of control!
Wow! Beautiful!!
I just love your back porch!!
I haven't been much of a gardener this year. I actually have let something die! Yikes!
Those are so beautiful! I have no gift for growing things. Sadly. I really do need to be rich enough that I can hire a gardener. Named Enrique, who will garden topless, all glisteny in the sun. Sorry, I lost my train of thought. Were we talking about flowers?
You did good, look at that, it looks wonderful and grew so fast. You do have a green thumb!
Post a Comment