Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Recovering...

You know vacation is over when:

You work a twelve (thirteen) hour day shift, getting your boo-tay kicked while there, only to arrive home and find that you still have to put all the kids to bed, not have any dinner, and see that the puppy-peed-on-sheets are still on your bed from an afternoon accident.

You know vacation is over when:

No one is coming in to tidy up, provide fresh towels, and leave chocolates on the pillow while you are out.

You know vacation is over when:

You have to punch in to the timeclock to earn some money, rather than buy that lovely margarita at the pool to sip on while you read a good smut book.

Yes, I realized sadly that vacation is over this past Monday, working two long 12-hour day shifts in a row and sinking down to reality.

All good things must come to an end.

At least the weather has improved. Nothing like tulips and daffodils poking their heads up out of the ground to cheer a girl up.

Now it's back to the routine of work, school, exercise, Bible studies, blogging...all good things, just not vacation things.

*Sigh*

12 comments:

Cammie said...

welcome back.....

Rebecca Jo said...

that's a rough transition... just look forward to the next vacation! Start a new countdown :-)

And thanks for the link for the Disney info... we're checking it out!!!

HiHoOhio said...

You know you need a vacation when you are so stressed you can't even start the to-do list on Wednesday, your favorite day of the week!
Good luck with all that...I feel your pain!

Shannon said...

Yup. I was only gone a few days but now I've got laundry to do, grocery shopping...

UGH.

Ashley said...

Yea... I'm still recovering. I finally got all of our laundry done but it is piled - unfolded - on our guest bed. I'll get to it.... eventually.

Jen said...

Why is that? Why do vacations have to end? I guess if we lived it all the time then it wouldn't be fun, right?

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Oh how I need a vacation...

Welcome back to reality!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

My spring break is next week! I'm so excited!!

I'm so ready for a relaxing vacation....we don't have a clue where we are going yet, though.

Katy said...

I know exactly what you are talking about!

I am at my first day of work since arriving back from my Thai vacation and it is soooo depressing! I miss getting up at what ever time i please, swimming, sun and foreign languages and not feeling guilty for having a cocktail with breakfast!

Also finding it a bit hard to get back into the blogging thing... just going through my 855 posts in my google reader :-)

Michelle said...

Yeah, it sure is nice when you leave your room and come back to have the beds made and fresh towels. Everyday life should be that good. Oh, wait, it is for your kids and husband.

Suzann said...

Perhaps Joe will put a chocolate on your pillow each day?

ChicagoLady said...

Vacations are a blast, it's the returning to reality that bites.