For September's field trip, we visited a local apple orchard and learned EVERYTHING there is to know about apples, and picking apples, and sorting apples, and storing apples, and making apple cider, and selling apples, and...well, you get the picture. I think the preschoolers were done learning about apples after, oh, the first five minutes of standing in the 82 degree sunshine, with the bumblebees buzzing all around and the poison ivy beneath each tree, mocking me with its three-leafed red-stemmed stance. (Can you tell I hate that stuff? I am so allergic, I'll probably wake up covered with itchy bubbles just from looking at it.)
There are about 50,000 types of apples, and we learned the name of every one. Okay, okay, we learned about five of them. Here is a Melrose apple. Or a Macintosh. Or a Red Delicious. (Clearly I wasn't paying enough attention to Miss Sherry.)

It was a neat experience to see how the other kids respond to Gabe. Macy is another strong personality in the class, and she is drawn to Gabe. At any given time, Gabe was surrounded by two or three girls. The boys, not so much. I think they are a bit intimidated by him. I love the look on Macy's face:
The orchard is owned by Macy's grandpa, so her class got special treatment, it seemed. Gabe was thrilled to be able to sit on the donkey (and he was actually quiet for five minutes!).

Love this face:

I think Joe was just as excited today. He has never had the chance to go on a field trip with any of our kids. He is blessed to have a job and a boss that allows that now. God is good.
The orchard is owned by Macy's grandpa, so her class got special treatment, it seemed. Gabe was thrilled to be able to sit on the donkey (and he was actually quiet for five minutes!).
Love this face:

I think Joe was just as excited today. He has never had the chance to go on a field trip with any of our kids. He is blessed to have a job and a boss that allows that now. God is good.
Anytime I called out to Gabe to say cheese for the camera, every kid in his class would look up and shout "CHEESE", too. They are so stinkin' cute! We are really lucky he is with such a good group of kids. (I'm hoping the peer pressure of being well-behaved and good listeners will work.)

In addition to the donkey, there were tons of other farm animals there, too. I'm not about to post every picture of every animal (yes, I took a picture of every animal...hey, I'm a scrapbooker at heart, ya know). But I loved this one of Gabe watching this pig waddling up to the fence, hoping for an apple handout.

In addition to the donkey, there were tons of other farm animals there, too. I'm not about to post every picture of every animal (yes, I took a picture of every animal...hey, I'm a scrapbooker at heart, ya know). But I loved this one of Gabe watching this pig waddling up to the fence, hoping for an apple handout.



11 comments:
Hello Heather, I do not understand what means ?spree?.
If you want you can install the translator of google like what I have.
Thanks for the visit.
Hello
Good morning! Visiting from the SITS blog! It looks like the whole group had a fun time at the apple orchard! Oh, my personal favorite apple's are Granny Smith's, love them green apples....They make great apples for carmel apples too! Can hardly wait to see pix from the Pumpkin patch/hayride!
P.S. I'll be coming back to visit.
I am itchy just looking at your pictures. (sadly seriously) I
Looks like a fun day...I'm so glad Joe got to go! I love field trips!
Get some sleep...you crazy no sleeping, still gotta post a blog blogger you!
Awww, I love field trips. I remember when I went on them too. I love the XXL green T-shirts!!
PS...you need to let Becky in on your blogging posting thingy.
OH--loved the field trip. I love me some apples, but PUMPKINS???? Girl, I can't wait for that one. Very little makes me happier than a puh-kin patch in the fall. The one we take the girls to has a corn maze, apple cider & apple butter for sale, hayrides, face painting, etc. Good times.
Gabe is so stinkin' adorable...I need to kiss his cheeks.
What a HOOT!!!! I love those preschool field trips and their matching shirts :) How neat that you all could go!
Looks like you have a little ladies man on your hands. But I bet you probably knew that. I love her look too.
Wow! What fun! And how blessed he is to have both parents on a field trip!
Loved the pictures! Yall must of have a great time! Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --
SO stinkin' CUTE! Love all the photos!! Too cute about the girls following Gabe around...such a little stud. ;-)
I think it's so wonderful that both you and your hubby could go. He'll always remember that! I can't wait for field trips! How fun!
~melody~
Kindergarten field trips are the best. He is a cutie so look out, I think all the girls are in love with him. I had a little girl tell me that she was going to marry Sweet-boy in preschool. They start early....
Post a Comment