Wednesday, July 20, 2011

When you're happy and you know it...

Downloading the last month's worth of pictures from my camera made me reflect on certain things.

1.  I sure do take a LOT of pictures.  (157 in the last month, to be exact.)

2.  I love having so many things in my life worthy of photographing.

3.  I love sharing these pictures with you, my sweet bloggy friends :)

These pictures brought a smile to my face when I took them, again when I edited them, and yet again when I posted them here...

Elijah is having a great summer with his friends, especially our neighbor, Andrew.

Long hikes with my husband on a warm summer's evening.

Hand-feeding an alpaca on our bed-and-breakfast getaway in Kentucky.

Eating tomatoes and basil fresh from my own garden.

Finally getting to see TobyMac at SpiritSong at King's Island with Isabel, with fifth row seats, even!


Family hikes with Mamaw Kay at a nearby park.

Seeing my kids get along so well...
Taking the time on these hikes to just enjoy God's creations with my own little creation :)
So many reasons to be happy, so many ways to smile and enjoy this summer, making lots of memories along the way.

What's making you happy these days?

4 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

What a great pictorial story! As to what's making me happy...it's the reason I've taken 752 pictures in the last six days...a little 7 pound bundle, otherwise known as my first granddaughter, Zoey!

Anonymous said...

Fresh tomatoes and basil ... drool. And how cute is that shadow picture?? As for happiness, I have just two words: cold front. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! =>

Rebecca Jo said...

Toby Mac!! Awesome... was that one of those Christian music nights they have? I always say I'm going to come up to one of those! Next time you go, LMK - I'll have to come up & go with you & Isabel!!! :)

Looks like everyone is having a great summer!!!

Becky said...

Okay, now I'm jealous. You have RED tomatoes! I have been longing and waiting for my FIRST tomato to be ready to come off the vine, and we are just. not. there. yet...!

Awesome picture of Gabe blowing the dandalion. Beautiful colors!

I am amazed with the numbers on my memory cards too. I go by the rule of "take LOTS of pictures", you know to capture that good one, or wonderful moment...I think it is meant for you to THEN delete out the poor or bad ones. But THAT is my downfall. I am like hoarders. I can't let ANY of them go, and then have 3oo pictures of an event. Toooo much.

Nope...Jake is not in football. He starts Cross Country again in August. That is what he loves. Matty started football this year though. Good lord. Fun stuff. He was like Jake and begged to do it for a couple of years so we are letting him try it. Boy I missed that whole atmosphere {{NOT}} Lol. Walk the Walk, you know. Gawd. Oh well. Right of passage for boys?? Idk.

Half way through Summer. Going too quick!! Tatum's Senior year, and she'll be 18 in less than 3 months. Life is going too quick. Sigh...