Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just words

Seriously, it's already been a week since I posted anything?

What is it about the "lazy days of summer" that make them seem anything but lazy?

Between work and clinicals and school work and taking kids to concerts (hello, Newsboys and Toby Mac!) and trips to Kings Island and going to baby showers for friends and seeing Bridesmaids with more friends (still haven't stopped chuckling to myself over that movie)...this summer hasn't stopped.

I have finally been able to cut back down to working only two 12-hr nights a week, which helps a lot.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with school.  I'll be off for a whole month in September, then finished with my BSN in March!  Hallelujah!

I am so blessed with kids who help their momma so darn much (laundry, dishes, watching their brother, being understanding when I'm forced to be away from them) and friends who make this load easier to bear.

Life may be busy right now, but it's my life, and I love it.

What have you been doing this summer?

8 comments:

Shelley said...

It's probably not true, but I feel like I've been even busier since they have been out of school. Going swimming, camping, washing clothes, running kids back and forth to music lessons, washing clothes, play practice, washing clothes.....notice a theme running through there? Glad that you have such a short time left for your schooling. Hope you have a great week.

ethelmaepotter! said...

How nice that you have children who help out at home! Now go and get some rest!

Me? I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off - didn't post for almost two weeks, didn't work for a full week, and my house is a wreck.

Ah, well, that's just the way life is sometimes...

mep said...

What have I been doing? Not blogging, though I wish I could get back into that groove. I've been cleaning my house for countless showings (none of which have produced an offer yet) and trying to have some fun with the kids as well. We've got t-ball, library, something called Lil Sluggers, going to the park, and fighting/making messes in the house ... those are our activities.

So glad your busy summer is also a fun one!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for laziness on the horizon! We're trying to stay cool in our new air-conditioner-less country. And that means sitting in front of the fan and trying not to sweat. I think I might go sit in the car with the AC on. But then people would probably peg me for a wasteful American! =>

stephanie said...

can your kids please come over and teach my kids how to do laundry and dishes? and while they are doing that, we can go sit at the beach. k?

Suzann said...

I adore this post and your positive attitude!!! I've been working and working out all summer so far. A few too many lazy non-workout days tho.

CaraBee said...

Seriously. Is it our modern times? That summers are so hectic? I feel like things were slower and easier when I was a kid. But maybe that was just my perception and my mom's story would be very different.

Just like you, we've been quite busy. Pool and playdates and outings and traveling with more traveling to come next week as we leave for our cruise to the Bahamas. Busy days. I'm looking forward to the (relative) calm of fall.

Btw, I laughed my butt off at Bridesmaids. One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.

E... said...

We are SO busy here too, doing I'm not sure what. I have such a hard time keeping a balance between overscheduled and major boredom. We're doing swim lessons, zoo camp, vacation, and also fit in some days of VBS last week. We seem to be hitting the library a lot too. Hanging out with sweet baby girls when we can. Planning visits from out of town family and to out of town family. Having a hard time connecting with friends who have similar busy schedules. Oh, and apparently, also making your hubby miss visits to the fair. Thanks! (I think he may have enjoyed the beer and baseball a little)