I'm not sure if it's birth order (being the third kid and trying to keep up with older siblings).
Or if it's God's way of teaching me that sometimes you need to throw caution to the wind, trust in Him and enjoy all that life has to give.
Either way, my youngest boy is responsible for showing this once-nervous momma the joy that can be had by being a daredevil.
Whether it's throwing a pointy dart for the first time ever and winning a prize on that very first try:
Or sticking your hand through the bars of a kangaroo's cage and letting it eat right out of your hand:
Or riding a "whip-it" ride at the county fair with your big sis, forwards AND backwards:
Or refusing to be talked out of riding the "Lose your Skittles" ride that your older siblings are even afraid to ride:
And LOVING it:
Sometimes caution is good, but sometimes being a daredevil is even better. Just ask Gabe :)





4 comments:
Dominic could use a bit of Gabe's fearlessness. He's always been overly cautious about new things.
Brave boy. He'll go far with that adventurous spirit! :-)
I love that kiddo!
He's got the right attitude
I am soooooo cautious, as a parent and as a person. I don't know how I'll cope if any of my kids turn out to be daredevils! Hopefully with as much grace as you!
I'm pretty cautious too, as is my Bub. My middle guy and little gal? Could really use a bit of caution! Adorable kiddie pics, as ever.
Post a Comment