This week is standardized testing week for Elijah and Isabel.
They came home with notes reminding parents to feed their kids breakfast.
Really?
Being good test takers, they are not nervous at all (thank goodness). I hate the pressure put on these kids at such a young age about these tests. It's not the ACT or SAT, for heaven's sake.
I do have some sympathy for the kids, though, seeing as how today is my midterm for Nursing Theory and Research. This class is taught by a professor who has her PhD in Research, and thinks we should, too.
Um, no thanks.
I have been on the Dean's list with a 4.0 so far. This quarter will be the end of that. And to be honest, I'm not stressing too much about it. If I get a B in this class, it will be okay. Not great, but okay.
I am still dreading this exam today. I'd much rather build forts and spaceships out of the empty boxes downstairs with Gabe. Instead, I'll be studying (insert big pouty face here).
Sigh.
June 7 can't come soon enough (that's the end of this horrible quarter).
Do your kids stress out over testing? What was your least favorite class in school?
4 comments:
Only my Thomas stresses out. They set goals and do a district wide "MAP" testing 3x a year. They are doing these tests now. Last time he had a meltdown because I made him go and he had a cold and he missed his goal by 1 point. He also scored a 97 and a 99 on his state standardized tests, so this year he wanted a 100 on both math and reading. So, yea, he stresses. Me? Yes, I stress. LOL
My least favorite class was science. Thomas - his least favorite is music.
Essie does ok with tests. She gets extra time on all her tests because of her IEP, but really only needs it in math. She felt pretty good about them... we'll see.
Gert, luckily, didn't have to do tests this year. Go figure - they decided it wasn't financially smart to test 2nd graders. YA THINK????
Least favorite? Math just never really clicked for me.
I'm happy we know nothing of testing yet. :) GA starts the fun stuff in grade 3. Bah.
I was a pretty decent student. I really found science interesting but I wasn't much good at it. I dreaded it but it fascinated me. :) I love history though. I'm a big dork. HA!
I'm not looking forward to standardized tests. We have a few years before we'll need to worry about luckily.
I hope your exam went well!!
Post a Comment