Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How many more days?

For those of you with kids in school, you know what this time of year means...

The countdown is on!

Which countdown?  Why, the one that tells you exactly how many more days are left til summer vacation!

Making up for extra snow days means we have twelve days left of school...June 3rd is the goal, for all of us.

Summer vacation equals lazy mornings.  No lunches to pack.  No running Isabel to school on band mornings.  No volunteering days to cram into my already crazy schedule.  Most important:  NO HOMEWORK!

It also means our annual "TOP 5 THINGS WISH LIST" for each family member activity.  I can't wait to see what they put on their lists this year.

I'm really hoping Mother Nature will get her act in gear and bring some summer weather in time for summer vacation.  Today, I have the heat back on to fight the chilly 45 degrees outside (brrr...).

What are you looking forward to this summer?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a Top 5 Things Wish List. Our goal for summer is usually staying in the AC as much as possible! It's not very lofty, but it's amazing how creative we can be. Of course, this summer, we'll be in a country that doesn't have AC for the most part. How ever will we cope?? =>

Suzann said...

Oh this summer will be quite different for me. Work, work, and more work. I'm praying for a mild summer. Very mild.
I can't wait to see / hear what your kids have on your list too!!!

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed reading a few of your posts tonight and plan to come back and visit more. Summer? My kids aren't in school yet, but I'm counting down until school is out so that morning traffic will be lighter and no more worries about get stuck behind a school bus when I'm running late for work! HA! Summer at our house includes a lot of time playing in the water table on our backyard patio...looking forward to it!

CaraBee said...

I love the Top 5 list. An idea I will definitely use when Sophie gets a little older. The kids around here are in school until mid-June, I think. They loved all those snow days during the winter but they are crying about them now. I'll just be glad not to have to deal with the school traffic for a couple months, as we live directly across from an elementary school and the mornings and afternoons are a MESS.

PS - Also ready for some of that summer weather! Bring it on, mother nature!

mep said...

June 3rd is the last day of school for my little preschoolers. With my kids so little, I will miss the routine of the school schedule but do appreciate that we'll have the freedom to have more fun -- visiting Ohio, going to the beach, more playdates ... I do want warmer weather, but I admit I'm not quite ready to sweat.

Can't wait to see the summer lists from your family!

brainella said...

Dominic's last day is Friday. He can't wait! He's so excited to be a FIRST GRADER, he can't stand it. :)

We have a few trips planned -- Myrtle Beach next week, NY in July and perhaps Washington, DC in August for Dominic's birthday. He really wants to go to DC. We shall see. :)