Thankfully, I waited until I was twenty-four.
I've been a mom for nearly thirteen years now. And as much as I've taught my kids in that time, they have taught me even more. I have learned the importance of patience and a sense of humor, along with learning that things like sleep and keeping a spotless house are overrated.
For this Mother's day post, I vacillated between sappy:
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
~Rajneesh
And funny:
"Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going."
~ Phyllis Diller
And even political:
Whether you're a novice mom of a newborn, or an experienced mom with grown kids out of the house (what is that like?), or a mom like me, right in the middle...
Happy Mother's Day to you!
(And remember, that sense of humor will help when the only gift you get is a burnt waffle in bed and a hastily-made card scribbled lovingly by your offspring.)

7 comments:
..& what an awesome mom you are too!! :)
Hope those kiddos of yours spoils you this weekend!!
CUTE!!
Happy Mother's Day to you!!
P.S. I already started scrap-booking our trip in my vacation album :)
Happy, happy Mother's Day! You are a great and inspiring mom. I admire you and learn from you -- you're my bloggy mama mentor.
Yes, sense of humor will help now that we are to the years that the only one I have left in school with mandated mother's day's gifts is Summer, Lol! Maybe her little wadded tissue ball of love...(I can't wait to SEE what it is..no really!!) will spur the others into enough guilt for a LITTLE sumpin??
Sigh...
Well Happy Mother's Day! I haven't seen you AT ALL at the school? Gabe must be doing well on the bus?!?!
Happy Mother's Day! I know how you feel -- it amazes me sometimes the little person I helped create. You did it three times. And we are both blessed.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy Mother's Day to you too!! You and I shared the same quote today. Great minds...
so sweet! and i could identify with every quote. :)
Post a Comment