Sunday, May 15, 2011

Photo op (three fun kids)

I don't know why, but I have always loved candid shots with my personal camera much more than formally posed studio shots with a photographer.  Maybe because their personalities show through more...maybe because they're more relaxed...(maybe because they're much cheaper?).

Anyway, before we took the kids to Portrait Innovations for a "grandkid photo shoot" for Mamaw Kay, I took them out in the backyard for a practice run.

Sweet brothers...

Loving siblings...

Calm and cool...

Happy and carefree...

Torturing the baby brother...

Three kids who are growing up way too fast...
Being a mom is the one thing I wanted most out of life.  I am blessed with three kids who have made that dream come true in such a wonderful way.  I hope they always know how much I love them!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Such beautiful kids.

Anonymous said...

I like "homemade" portraits better, too ... and for all the same reasons! These are gorgeous shots. I love when personalities shine through. =>

Rebecca Jo said...

I love to see personalites shine through... & they're definitely are :)

Suzann said...

Wonderful photos!! You are such a great momma, they will probably make you think they forgot at one point or another, but deep down they will always knows it. Love you Heather!!!

mep said...

I love casual candids too, though I still end up trying for professional pics from time to time. You've got yourself some pretty cute subjects here!

CaraBee said...

What a great bunch of pictures of your kids. I especially love the one of Isabel laughing. Such a fun shot of your beautiful girl.

It seems some of my most favorite pictures are the unposed, candid ones. They just seem to capture the essence of the person so much better.