Gabe has been waiting "his whole life" for this:
To be tall enough to ride The Beast at King's Island.
The Beast is one of the world's longest wooden roller coasters, and my favorite ride ever.
Now that he is over 51 inches tall, the time has come...
Yesterday, he and I went on a "date" and made his dreams come true. Although his eyes were closed for at least 50% of the ride, he did it (front seat and all!).
As we pulled back into the loading station, I gave him a high-five and asked him what he thought of The Beast...
Gabe: "It was good, but I almost said a bad word!"
Me: "What bad word?"
Gabe: "The S-word."
Me (thinking sh*t): "Tell me."
Gabe: "Can I say it? Okay...(whispering), it was son of a b*tch."
Me (laughing uncontrollably): "Um, well, let's not say that again, okay?"
After braving the big ride, we headed over to kiddie land, where he was equally thrilled with riding the tiny roller coasters. I love this age!
Although I always say NO to spending money on the games-that-no-one-ever-wins, today was a "yes day" for Gabe. He won a ball toss game and was thrilled with his tiny prize. And as a reward for his bravery, I even let him get a souvenir (shot glasses with the different roller coasters).
"This was a WONDERFUL day, Mom!"
Words that sing to my heart. I had a wonderful day, too, Gabe. In the middle of days and weeks and months that pass too quickly, these two hours spent with my youngest boy were a balm to my soul.



6 comments:
Goodness I love that kid!!
You are an awesome momma.
I so laughed HARD at him wanting to say the S-word... which is short for SOB... Heck - I'd be yelling the words for everyone to hear if I ever rode that madness!
Let Gabe know he's much braver then this girl! ;)
I bet you enjoyed every minute of your day with him... so awesome!
BTW - I thought of you all today. The 5k I did had the "Girls on the Run" doing their 5k in it... they were all so adorable. They had tiaras & metals for them at the end... I wanted to see if I could pass for one of the girls just so I could snag up on the tiara myself ;)
So fun. I love when I have the moments to be alone with each of mine -- your dates are awesome stuff. I really hope at least one of my kids is a roller coaster enthusiast, so I can relive that wonderful experience with them. No season passes for us yet this year -- maybe next. Would love to meet you there!
How sweet is that kid?? And roller coasters make me want to say words waaaaaaaaay worse than that. That's why I avoid them, especially when I'm with my children! =>
How does he even know that "S" word!!! He did not hear that one from me. Plenty of others, but not that one!!!
The Beast. The Beast. I still remember riding The Beast for the first time with my dad. My younger sister was braver than I so she had already tried it before me. We didn't get any shot glasses though. Dang. Such a great ride and now I am homesick. We have passes so maybe we can arrange a meet-up, though we are pretty much in Kiddieland the entire time!
Post a Comment